Schizophrenia.com

What are you most Thankful for?

Cliche Thanksgiving question I know, but a good excuse to look into the positive even if overwhelmed by the negative.

I’m thankful for hope. The kind of hope that family and friends see in me, even when I can’t.

Many things that I need to remember when I get frustrated and ungrateful:
I have a job, a nice apartment, a car, family, a good psychiatrist and therapist. I’m relatively healthy. Many of my symptoms have subsided (but not all). I’m losing weight. I am almost guaranteed a B in my online class, but most likely I’ll get an A. I will be out of debt in a month or so. Tomorrow: I will spend it with family. How’s that!!???

@77nick77 that sounds great!

food and my duvet.

The world - the whole natural world system that supports us - gives us a place to live our lives. And do things like have Thanksgiving.

That I am well fed and warm.

That my son and I are still here.

belgium croissants with the lindt chocolate oooooozing from the middle , slightly dusted with fine icing sugar…mmmmmmm…
take care from monsieur dark sith and his petit :bug: bug
" bonjour petit :bug: bug ! ".

I am thankful to have the opportunity to take part in the experience of life.

Great thread I could really use to focus on the positive. There is so much to be grateful for. Right now it’s my boyfriend. I love him so much. He is always there for me. I can always count on him. And he always puts a smile on my face. He even goes to doctors appointments with me where he has to wait for hours for me but he is happy to do it. Our personalities mix well and I love the talks we have. I know he will be my husband one day, and he actually already knows who he wants to make our wedding cake. We talk about everything with eachother. He’s perfect in so many ways. I can’t wait to give him the Christmas gift I got him because he’s really going to love it.
I’m also very grateful for my mom. I don’t know where I would be without her. She has sacrificed so much for me. She is not just my mother but my soul mate and best friend. I am grateful also that we have the relationship we have.
I’m also grateful for my family, school, the money to pay for school, my car, my music, all of my possessions, my pets, my friends, medication, ECT, and cigarettes.
I’m the richest person in South Jersey. I may not have money but I always have what I need and more.
I’m grateful I don’t have to work and can focus on school. :sunny:

Im naturally curious. i have a wide range of interests

speech! It’s not normal to be isolated and as Vonnegut once said - Lonliness is the biggest killer!!! Seriously. It’s an important part of brain and social function!

A friend In the struggle,

Rogueone.

Very grateful for the family I have. I got very lucky in the family department.

Very grateful I’m alive

As far as I am concerned, everyday should be Thanksgiving - being Thankful should be recognized everyday, not on one Holiday. I am grateful and thankful for having a roof over my head, for having my folks around, for being lucid enough, for having my brother and other family members around, for living - life is precious.
I bitched a lot about my life in the past, no more. There are people out there who are really suffering, no food or shelter, terminal diseases, serious poverty, I am lucky to be alive for now! My complaining - negative days are over!

one year I was homless in Exeter city so so bone freezingly cold I thought I was going to die.

We don’t have thanksgiving in Islam, but I’m thankful I have all my aspirations alive and reborn again, I am thankful I have a very good job opportunity soon, will lead an independent life again and buy my own car, thankful I have a caring family, thankful I have insight to my illness and combatting it, thankful to have found this forum and thankful to be in remmission. That’s all , I don’t think a normal person has all that to be thankful for

I don’t celebrate thanksgiving, but I am thankful for my health, my husband, my parents who are still alive, my house, food and clothing, our car, and (at the risk of sounding religious, but that’s who I am) I am especially thankful that God guided me to Islam. I am also thankful to stay so close to the beach, its just a 5 min walk to it. :sunny: