Schizophrenia.com

What are non drug ways to treat delusions?

I must admit i skim read the posts but short answer to a non drug way to treat Delusions - Is good old fashioned Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Never mind the religous horse shite - that will just send you further down the rabbit hole.

3 Likes

I like DBT better.

3 Likes

Even though I try not to believe in religious horse shite anymore. It’s more like “I will be great”.

It’s tough to live with either way. That i have destiny from god to do anything. Feels nice to have free will.

Thanks for putting it in perspective for me a bit tho. “Religious horse shite” lol.

Why would the whole iop tell me I’m the chosen one. And when I told the lady at the beginning I had the delusion I was “the chosen one” she only looked at me and smiled. And later she said “you know what us Catholics think” and I laughed at that statement then the whole room laughed at my reaction. Then this guy said angrily “i never believed in god but If god is sitting right in front of me” and he pointed to me kinda.

Maybe they were just playing off my coincidences and mental illness trying to make me miserable and stuff.

2 Likes

Sounds like he was being rude or sarcastic or something. I wouldn’t read into it.

1 Like

He was an ■■■■■■■. I knew he didn’t like me from the start. But the other people in the group totally believed in what he was saying. The guy next to me Elbowed me and told me to laugh when he said that.

2 Likes

@Gratitude

I hear what your saying. But at the end of the day we all believe “we are the chosen one” - I certainly did. I personally think Religion is bloody dangerous for schizophrenics - too many of them are willing to confirm your beliefs - in the deluded knowledge that a “miracle” has happened.

I try to apply pure Psychology these days - and ignore those that think a laying on of hands will cure you. Its Bollox - Trust me.

And this is coming from a Catherdral Chorister as a Boy that lived and breathed it for many years.

Your not “special” . Your not “chosen”. Its the Sz Talking.

Its about taking ownership and responsibilty of your thoughts and feelings - without blaming it on a religous text that has been modified over hundreds of years.

3 Likes

I don’t think telling someone they’re not special is the right thing.

And I didn’t blame the Bible. Never read the Bible much. Huh. ??? I’m not sure how that applies.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

1 Like

Hey guys, just read about the aliens, jesus and religion. Sounds very interesting.

Maybe the core belief about the aliens could stem from being an immigrant, feeling different like an outsider? I dunno your pre psychotic social experiences. Maybe you have low self esteem and think that others may be higher life forms?

The jesus thing could be thst you may have messianical beliefs. Maybe unchannelled energies or frustrated rnergies about helping others or low self esteem about feeling insignificant… hence wanting to be chosen or very special?

I think religion can worsen psychosis if you belirve it the wrong way… like miracles, supernaturalness, etc. With blind faith.

Anyway hope i said something helpful… sorry if i offended you. They were just suggestions. I think the downward arrow could be very helpful.

1 Like

what you said is helpful. Not offensive in anyway.

Since I was young I had a “damaged” self-esteem. Damaged is the best word to use IMO.

Like I know for a fact that I have more talents/abilities/whatnot than what has occurred in my life.

Been let down a lot with disappointment/self-esteem destroying concepts/principles/events.

I know I’m capable. I can’t understand why such bad unlucky things have happened to me. Ive always been a good person my whole life. I never stole, lied, cheated, hurt people, etc… I may have been gullible and naïve but that doesnt make me a bad person. Just an easy person to take advantage of.

So I think my brain over-compensates for my belief that I am insignificant. Because my whole life most people only told me I was worth ■■■■ and nothing ever good would happen to me ever. But I lost control a long time ago of my life. At a young age in my pre-teenage years I really just lost control. Not that you ever have any power at those ages anyways, but I was particularly vulnerable.

And then it spiraled into more and more bad mental health to a hole I can never FULLY get out of. But I dont care. im happy. Grandiosity is when you feel a helluva lot better than people feel you ought to feel. And id rather think im jesus than believe in all my traumas I guess. Which were delusions too. They dont call em delusions of inferiority. But essentially its the same thing just in reverse. But they only get mad at you when youre feeling too good.

2 Likes

it means that you are alienated to society. I feel the same way except I dont think they are identical aliens. Im outside of society thats it.

1 Like

You think so, my friend?
Is this psychoanalysis?

1 Like

No just my humble opinion buddy. Cant really analys people it takes a long time of work

3 Likes

@Gratitude

Sorry to hear that you had many bad experiences. Life can be tough. Its good to see your personal context and how the jesus psychosis makes sense in that context. I dont think that it is totally out there and bizarre. When you mention grandiosity it seems like you know all the answers you need to heal because you figured out the emotional payoff that you get with the delusion. Maybe if you replace that rmotional payoff with more healthy coping methods like building up self esteem and self help improvements, the symptoms would be more manageable.

2 Likes

Also maybe the grandiosity is about gaining sense of power after feeling disrmpowered.

3 Likes

Drugs are probably essential as a start but,

Ways of treating delusions might be

1. Humming, chanting and other vocal cord activities may prevent the production of voices.
  2. Searching on these forums to see if one’s “delusion” is unique or common, where common should imply that it is a delusion.
  3. Being treated as a shamanistic advise giver, as seems to have been, or may have been, the case in Okinawa, southern Japan.
  4. Life threatening illness/near death experience. This is utterly hearsay but a psychological doctor claimed that life threatening illness induced near death experience had resulted in an end to voices.

1 Like

I think its also about alienation t. If you are dissociated and cant comprehend your location on society you are divine. You can be whatever you want

1 Like

I was like that until 2 years ago. I was everything

1 Like

In shamanism, it is believed there are certain beings (sometimes pieces of the consciousness of dead people, particularly pieces of the negative aspects of these people) or parasites that interfere with the human mind and manipulates people in varying degrees, to prevent people from living happy lives (to these beings or parasites, negative emotions are like food, that is why they do this, they need people to suffer as much as possible, and what a better way than talking all day to you mentally so you develop SZ symptoms, or interfering with your mind so all you can think of is getting high, or interfering with your emotions so you develop clinical depression)

There are two bodies, one is energetic and the other one is physical. In some people alignment between these two is good enough for the parasites/negative beings to be unable to interfere with their lives, or to not be able to interfere so much that the person develops serious emotional or mental health problems

One very efficient method to maintain good alignment between both bodies (and thus to avoid interferences from parasites) is to massage an area which is located 4 fingers below the umbilicus, and from there you massage an imaginary line that goes until the end of the sternum

While you do this, you must follow your intuition and let it guide your consciousness to try to maintain full body awareness, and this must also be done all day. With practice and dedication this will become extremely easy and you will be able to stay emotionally and physically balanced and the SZ symptoms will fade away or will be drastically reduced, so drastically reduced that it is no longer a problem, and you can function normally and enjoy life again

You must always ignore the voices and these chains of negative thoughts that seem like never-ending broadcasts, and this can be done through body awareness, and you maintain body awareness with the massages (do the massages once a day) and following your intuition during the day with the purpose of being conscious of all your body and its weight resting on your hips, legs and feet

Back in January I was hallucinating all day, saw blood everywhere and on peoples faces, and heard thousands of voices saying disgusting things to me, the voices were so loud sometimes I wasn’t able to focus on what real people were saying

Took risperidone for a while but it would just work for a few days and then I’d have to double the dosage to get the same effect, however I was able to go back to normal following the methods described above

Also stopped emotionally suffering from bad stuff, bad situations or people trying to do emotional harm… That is because the situations we experience sometimes distract us from our body, and when that happens, there is a interference (which can be instant, parasites are everywhere, the difference is that some people can be affected or not depending on their alignment level) that makes us feel bad or angry. Sometimes we can also feel like we go through the same experience a thousand times everyday suffering more and more, feeling hate for example, apart from sadness… Well, this method helped me to stop suffering, in fact I feel like I can handle everything and never will suffer again, even if a loved one dies, I just feel practicing the methods above made me much stronger emotionally

2 Likes

Go to some very calm place with someone very calm and relax, tell him/her every worry you have… Atleast the anxiety does go away, delusions are normally triggered by stress afaik so there you go.

1 Like

Shamanism was the logical step for me when I was in the depths of psychosis. I must say, I wish I had been a bit more with it so it could have helped rather than make me feel special. It just drove me further into a ditch as I now knew there was something real behind it and no one could convince me otherwise for a long time.

2 Likes