What age were you diagnosed

I was diagnosed just before I turned 19. The problems started when I was nearly 14.

I had some mild psychotic symptoms and serious depression at age 15, but I did not seek out a psychiatrist until after my first suicide attempt at age 20. That first psych diagnosis was simply major depression. That remained my diagnosis until I was diagnosed bipolar 1 with psychotic features when I was 23, during my first actual psychotic break. It was a year or two later that my psychiatrist informed me that I have schizoaffective disorder, but I refused to believe it, didn’t want to believe I had a schizo- illness of any kind. So every time I moved and got a new doctor, I told them the diagnosis I believed. I don’t know how many of them later changed my diagnosis to sza and just didn’t tell me. It wasn’t until last year that I asked my current psychiatrist what diagnosis she has for me, and she told me sza, and I finally accepted it.

1 Like

Started having symptoms around 13-14 Years Old. Was diagnosed with bi-polar, depression, anxiety and I think borderline personality disorder also, but finally got diagnosed with scizoaffective when I was 27 and it all made sense then.

I remember a time when I was younger that I thought everybody else was “normal” , like getting out and going out, like socializing and laughing and having fun, I thought everyone was like that, but me. I thought I was the only one that felt “different” or “weird” and that’s why I isolated so much and got into drugs.

It’s so weird cause I was so quiet when I was younger, but know that I’ve come to terms with my disease and got around my mid 20’s I came out of my shell, not even all the way. It took till I was around early 30’s to really “be myself” which for the most part is loud and in your face when talking, talk fast, and have a bit of charm for the ladies (which Is my wife) .

At least she likes who I am now, and I really do too so I’m finally happy now where I’m at and don’t want anything to change

4 Likes

Diagnosed 6 months before my 23rd birthday. After a year of problems. In April 2010 i was first hospitalized

26 turning 27…I’m 28 now. I was ill since I was 23.

I kind of agree and know what your saying here. Like I said I thought I was the only "different’ or “weird” person in the world and everybody else was “normal” as I called them. It was very difficult when I was young, and my illness made me have to quit high school in 10th grade because of all the paranoia when I was in school thinking everyone was looking at me like I was a weirdo or was stupid or something.

Really had a big impact on me when I was younger, but as I grew up I got over all that and found a bonnie to my clyde and it’s Us against the world really with a family. I kind of lucked out and got a loyal girl that loves me to death, as I am to her also.

It took drugs for me to open up really and meet my eventual wife, and we both went pretty low together sleeping in dope houses, to using everyday. Just had fun with it at first then it turned into something that is special now and we have memories that we can look back on and think “how did we get away with that”, but once you find that girl to build those type of memories with, that will be the one you will want to stay with.

Although it’s really good to find a woman that’s loyal especially if your loyal cause that will tear a relationship apart, and eventually maybe split the two up.

Everybody finds there way by there own path. I try to stay on the good long path, but sometimes slide over to the shady path, but have to remember to get back on track immediately for my family.

I ramble so much it’s crazy, I think I could fill up a whole page full of this stuff, yet it’s just knowledge I’m trying to pass on so the next person has it alittlle easier than I did.

2 Likes

Nah ur good man. As Led Zeppelin said…Ramble on!!! Good advice and I agree with what youre saying. BTW do you think the bengals may start tanking for Darnold??? Try to steal him from the Jets? Or do you think they’ll turn it around.

1 Like

I have never been diagnosed yet and probably will never be. My psychiatrist thinks about a somatic symptoms disorders with maybe some of psychotic features but this is not sure.

Lol. And take your franchise QB from you? No way if anybody needs a franchise QB it’s the Jet’s

We got that little 5th Round Pick out of Alabama who’s name is A.J McCarron and he has that mental toughness that makes up the makeup of a Great QB. Not to mention Clutch Play, and can make every throw, just is alittle rusty in preseason and needs to develop under a Good New Offensive Minded QB whisper’ Head Coach like Josh McDaniels.

I really like him as a HC, Jay Gruden is my Dream HC for the Bengals , but Redskins have him so I wouldn’t mind Hue Jackson, but the Browns have him. If any of those 3 coaches could do it we would be in the Money, but Norv Turner or Todd Haley wouldn’t be bad either.

I think if were in the top 1-3 picks we will probably take a LT. We are in need of a blindside tackle bad and if we could get the best in the country they would go for that and not even bat an eye at Darnald IMO

1 Like

The Renaissance.
“I think, therefore I am schizophrenic”.

Okay phew, because I ran the idea of the bengals taking Darnold by my Jets fan buddy and he said he was worried too they might hahaha

1 Like

I was 16 years old when I received my diagnosis, but I’d been suffering with delusions of grandeur and hallucinations since about 12 years old.

1 Like

I was diagnosed at 34 but I first suspected at 17. I was almost positive at 23 but I never got diagnosed because I was afraid of being kicked out of nursing school.

1 Like

i got ill at 16. i was but just a boy ;[

No tell your buddy not to worry at all and you either. Were taking a LT IF he is the #1 prospect, hell maybe even #2 or #3 if Bengals like him that well, but I think we will be down at bottom of draft so we will get first dibs on LT and that’s who we’ll take.

If it’s a choice between a Franchise LT and Darnald , Franchise LT all the way. Plus we don’t need Darnald, were pretty confident in McCarron , actually really confident enough not to take a QB in this draft until the mid-late round’s. McCarron proved enough he will be our next Franchise QB. I bet it will be very tempting to take Darnald , but we’ll find a Franchise LT to lean on, then build O-line from there.

I would say LT 1rst Round- RG or RT Second Round then on from there. I think first two picks will be O-lineman. Our O-lineman are horrible specially T’s

1 Like

24 parronoid schizophrenia!
23 psychosis