What age group do you most gravitate towards?

Yeah, I had a similar pattern, then I started catching up in age to people in their thirties and forties. Like many here have said, I realize maturity varies within every age group. I’ve met people in their forties and older who act like jerks and are as childish today as they were when they were in their teens.

Every one of my friends (millennials) are also completely nihilistic, including me. It’s sad but realistically the world has gone to ■■■■ so nothing really matters. Young people have no faith in the world.

1 Like

I’m a millennial. Maybe what you are seeing is a reflection of your own mind…

2 Likes

Nope. Me and my friends have discussions about it all the time. I can say without a doubt that all the young people I know are nihilists. I don’t know you, so I didn’t include what other people on here think.

2 Likes

Me either :smile:

I’m a nihilistic millennial as well. I thought we were all like that

1 Like

No we are altruistic. The stereotypes are false. I had the “perfect up bringing” according to the ideas against the stereotypes and things like trophy participation (which I never got because I worekd for everything I got) and I ended up being the spitting image of a millenail stereotype except I work hard at the gym.

1 Like

And to be fair, millenials stopped being born in 1994 and only counted in America because each country has their own culture. So things like millenials are this or that when they were born in 2001 or born and raised in Japan and they are this or that is a false narrative.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t mean to sound rude. What I meant is I know you, but not personally.

I’m having a difficult time today.

1 Like

It’s understandable. We all have a tough time.

this age group

2 Likes

Anyone who’s young at heart. Age doesn’t matter, but people who take themselves seriously are boring. :slight_smile: At least as friends.

2 Likes

Anybody but college students. Like fresh out of dorms college students. I can’t stand them

1 Like

i hate them too, so entitled and snobbish. i don’t identify with many such people.

What about the sterio type that genx are slackers? lol

genx - the pc, the internet, Google, cutting pollution by basically re-doing the exhaust and ignition/firing of all automobiles, etc

Are we slackers? lol

1 Like

I do not like Baby Boomers as a group (they kinda screwed up the world and f’d over my generation) but I have several Baby Boomer friends. They are my parents’ age but we talk as equals. Most of my friends skew older than me (I’m in my mid 30s) and my boyfriend is in his early 40s.

Exactly. You have the right idea. The same stereotypes are afforded to millennials. They call us lazy. Last I checked, my cousins (who are older but still millenials) have really good jobs. My one cousins was at a autopsy lab for police and then she went to work at a hospital and now she has 4 kids and a really nice house. Her sister is the same way. My sister has a job after working to raise her kids to be able to take care of themselves for a period of time and her husband, my brother in law, has his own business and he runs that off the experience he’s gotten from working in the field that the business is in. Nobody is slacking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.