What age did you get your first kiss?

LOL, 10…but that was forced kisses when a bunch of bullies made 2 allegedly “ugly” girls kiss me…actually the girls were cute and my embarrassment only because it looked bad in front of the bullies…I didn’t mind otherwise…and it was just sort of those peck on the lips kisses.
First real kiss I guess when I was 16. But no real partner type GF till I was 19. The prior kisses between 16 - 19 were just occasional random events, usually at parties after everyone drank, and it just sort of happened.

1 Like

I got my first kiss at 15. Then again at 18. Then had various boyfriends for a couple years. Then I swore off men and said I’d wait until I met “the one” because I wanted my next kiss to be with the man I’d spend the rest of my life with. I met my SO, I feel like I want to spend the rest of my life with him, but I’m not sure he feels the same way. So I’m just enjoying the moment.

1 Like

i was 20. it was last fall. I will be 21 on June 11th. I’ve had sex with 4 people since then. It’s been an eventful year.

i was about 13 and i only kissed 1 girl since then.Never had sex though. i dont even think about that stuff anymore man we have bigger problems to worry about

I was 8 when I got my first real kiss. It was from my female neighbor who was 10. We “dated” for like 3 years when we were kids. We were both WAY too curious for our ages lol.

I’m glad we stopped dating before we got older and serious. She turned out pregnant at 16 and ended up catching an STD.

Kissing or romance isn’t as glamorous as it seems. So don’t put so much emphasis on it.

Blessings,

Anthony

2 Likes

I am not entirely sure when my first kiss was. I don’t remember much about my childhood. But I can tell you the first kiss I remember was on July 13, 2012 with K my fiancee. That is also the day I asked her to date me. The next most memorable was on July 13, 2013 when I asked her to marry me in front of her family in friends in the same location that I asked her to date me. I am 26.

3 Likes

Hmmm…I always look at things in alternative ways…as soon as I read that I thought: what if you had stayed together and serious as you got older? maybe she wouldn’t have caught the STD or gotten pregnant at 16.

I never did the dating scene, but have been married twice, with each over 10 years and one long term relationship of 3 1/2 years, so I think romance is important. It’s not the sexual aspect or kissing, though those are nice…it’s the companionship, doing things together with someone who understands you, and having someone there all the time to talk with…

That’s a great way of looking at it. I’m certainly not anti-romance lol. I enjoyed it in my previous long term relationships. And especially in my last one, which was probably the healthiest and most positive.

But I’m taking a break from relationships and dating at the moment. I’ve dated since my last relationship, but my heart wasn’t in it. I simply don’t have the energy or mental clarity right now to spend hours at a time with my partner.

So I’m focusing on forming friendships for the companionship I desire. I’ve made some great friends too! So romance just isn’t a priority to me right now.

Once I recover some more, and am in a better position to bring equal contribution into a relationship, I’ll dive back in.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

Something might lead to a relationship later in the future. All mine started as friends. I know some people start relationships with the specific goal of dating or marriage, but all 3 of my LTR’s started as friends first with no intention of a relationship even…

there were 2 relationships started with the mutual intent of wanting to have a romantic relationship and they both lasted about 2 months! So much for that!

2 Likes

I’ve mentioned this to someone before, but watch the movie Swingers. Don’t take it literally. It’s just to provide comic relief from the stress of dating.

You can start by thinking about what you wear. Dress in a way that expresses who you are and what you want to be. Even if you are not there yet. For example, wear a t-shirt and jeans, but dress it up with a blazer. Ask the retail associate what colors look best on you. Try a polo shirt with jeans. All this is to put you in the right state of mind. If you dress well you will feel more confidant and prepared. One of my friends posted on Facebook to use Goldbond powder this time of year to control sweating.

To practice talking to women go to a chat room for singles (some dating sites like Okcupid allow you to chat with some users). Make an Okcupid account and or a Plenty of Fish account. Browse profiles to get yourself used to women’s attributes.

Go to coffee houses with artsy vibes, because they tend to attract relaxing people over studying people. Say hi to a girl that looks friendly or to an extroverted girl who won’t mind the conversation. Let the conversation be relaxed and a give and take. Ask her about her hobbies and her likes and dislikes. Even talk to other guys to get you started with talking to someone. Think of it as practicing your math before the math test. Socializing is a skill that you have to develop. Start with baby steps, make eye contact with people in public and smile. Say hi to people who are working in stores, they will usually say hi back(they have to).
If you make a friend with a guy from a coffee shop he can help with the particulars of getting close to a girl.

You can cut and paste this into a list to make it easier to remember.

Now this just got you into the ballpark, your guy friend can help you round the bases.

2 Likes