Were you treated with dignity while in hospital?

One time the police brought a guy in who had to be 6’4" and built like a steel cable. He was drunk and disorderly and facing jail time so he basically had nothing to lose. It was probably the first and only time that I felt unsafe in a hospital. aside from me thinking that people were out to get me or not who they seemed to be. This time the guy was really physically threatening

I had a guy like that in my hospital, as bad as I was I thought it was a good idea to make sure I was friendly with him.

1 Like

If I may ask what hospital treated you well?

I’m in Europe, so it’s a European one.

1 Like

Oh I’m from the states.

1 Like

The first hospital I was in i was put in isolation room.
It smelled like urine,feaces and vomit and I was held down on the floor by several people and could not move or breath well then I got needle .
The other patients in that hospital spoke to me .

The second hospital i later felt they were taking from me.

There was some lovely food in all hospitals I’ve been to.

Third stay I was afraid when they put me in isolation room but they never closed the door or left me.
I asked them please please let me sleep in normal hospital bed and not in isolation room.
They agreed and I was only in room with staff for short time.

i think they were pretty nice and well behaved as such.
There are things one can not see sometimes that occur.

Many of them do beautiful work.
Good on em .

My spirit n eons has been workaholic it’s just when they would not let me be myself n who my real body is…

Last hospital stay I never really spoke much with other patients but did say few comments with them.
Played table tennis once too.

I thought they did not let me go out and over reacted to my condition because I was well enough to go out for little walks,but coffee but it took them ages to let me leave n even walk around on hospital ground they seemed to think I would run away .took ages before they let me go out with my mum who I brought up with even who was visiting from overseas.

1 Like

e(Y)e Have Been in Many Hospitals … ,

Many Different T(Y)me$ … ,

Treated (each time) with Dignity and Respect … ,

Had Issues Once but Was Taken Care of Clearly and Cleanly … ,

Naught Talking About Mental Facilities (those were ok-ish) … ,

Long T(Y)me Ago and Different Universes … … …

My Advice is , Let them Know What You Are Afraid of and Worrying About and they SHOULD and MOST LIKELY WILL , Work Diligently on Your Case (!!!) ,

If it’s Naught in Your Favor and You Are Tied to a Bed , (I have been several times) , BE CALM and PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE (!!!)

1 Like

I had a psychotic episode so badly one time that when I got to the hospital it took me a week before I could eat around people. I felt like I got hit in the head with a sledge hammer and was under the impression that I had titanium mesh in my skull and jaw. It was so scary. My hands shook and I couldn’t speak. The nurse put me in the visiting room with my food tray because I was unfit to be around the others. I could barely walk. This ■■■■■■■ disease has robbed me of my life. I’m still recovering from that one it’s absolutely absurd.

1 Like

What state are you in. In sure I could give you a reccomendation.

I live in southern California.
Thanks.

I used to live in Los Angeles. I actually had my first break in the San Fernando Valley. I can’t even listen to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers anymore.
The hospital that all the movie stars go to is Cedar Sanai in West LA. I think the unit is called “Thaliens” which I always thought was fun because it sounds like aliens. Theres a lot of hospitals that treat you with dignity. The private ones are the best or any hospital thats affiliated with a University. I live in New Jersey so I typically use a hospital in NYC. But in the rare case of emergency I’m usually ■■■■ outta luck if I have to go to the local podunk hospital where you certainly don’t get treated as well.

1 Like

I’ve been forced to take meds that I knew I didn’t need ( pills and injections). Had so called professionals feeding my delusions for there own entertainment. Treated with no respect. Talked down to and left locked up with no restroom and given a fast food cup to pee in. Had a pdoc insist that I was suicidal when I have no doubts I have ever been, and it went on my records. Would say no I wasn’t treated with dignity. But there where a few nurses and staff help that made me feel safe and respected. I will never forget there kindness.

1 Like

I have been hospitalized six times. The first two times - no dignity. The final four times - it was a much nicer facility so the conditions were not bad, but the issue is, do they really listen to you? I feel like no matter how much intelligence and sense you have (I have a master’s degree in city planning) the doctors and staff do not listen to you as a person, they listen to you as an illness.

1 Like

No, I was treated with penicillen for a STD.

2 Likes

I was treated with as much dignity as possible. When it wasn’t possible, it was usually as a result of my actions. Not something I hold a grudge over or lose sleep over.

2 Likes

Glad you have an enlightened community.
Here you’re liable to be shot if the police are called to the scene.

2 Likes

One hospital that I went to twice I was treated with the most dignity. The other hospitals and/or ER’s were a nightmare; one I was at treated me like a literal prisoner and blamed me for my illness, the other kept me longer than I should have by manipulating the system, doped me up with Ativan all the time, locked me in the quiet room, and the ER I went to one time locked me in a room with no windows for 48 hours after restraining me and involuntarily tranquilizing me with IM Haldol. Five nurses held me down, pulled my paper scrubs off, and the charge nurse pushed the needle into my skin.

1 Like

Does being strapped to a table face down in the psyche ward with all four limbs chained to that table for four hours qualify as dignified? I dunno, I’m not sure.

Hmmm, maybe the dignified part is when I had to pee and they pulled my pants down to my knees and let one hand free and gave me a plastic jug to pee in

2 Likes

Geez, I thought ■■■■ like that only happened in movies.

While it was happening, I was freaking out about how barbaric it was.

1 Like