Schizophrenia.com

Were you ever disappointed to have visitors in hospital?

i always get visitors, sometimes i don’t like it. like other patients are observing your family dynamic. i don’t like it. my first hospital stay i was the only one getting visitors so i felt self conscience. if i go to hospital again, im going to tell mom and dad not to visit me more than once a month.

and the conversation is so awkward. making small talk in the ward visiting room haha.

I hated getting visitors. If I were ever hospitalized again I wouldn’t want any visitors except maybe my girlfriend, who I live with

1 Like

In my state they don’t let me have visitor in the hospital because there’s a rule since the covid

1 Like

I haven’t been hospitalized as an adult. As a kid, the only time I got visited was by my father and stepmother, and they were there for “family therapy.” I hated family therapy. They would zonk me on Chloral Hydrate the night before. Was intolerable.

1 Like

My SZ is a secret to relatives. They might know but I’ve never received visitors besides my parents.

1 Like

I didn’t have any visitors and was disappointed. My children were too young and my husband served me with divorce papers while at the hospital. No one brought me a change of clothes so I was stuck in the same clothes for three days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.