Were you also "lost" when got diagnosed?

I remember when I was first diagnosed, I asked my pdoc at a hospital what I have and she said schizophrenia and I was like ok and went around my days like it meant nothing. Then I started reading up and talking with other patients that this is illness for life and what symptoms it has. I thought i will be a normie on meds and only my negatives hit me only when I got home from hospital - chainsmoking, laying in bed whole day, basically talking with one word sentences and no wish to socialize, go out or work. I couldnt figure out when I will recover and really be myself, year passed and nothing changed, besides 30kg weight gain…

2 Likes

Idk I lied about my symptoms

Yes i was lost as i wasn’t told about the negative symptoms. I have sever negative symptoms but i wasn’t told about the negative symptoms when i was diagnosed.

It gets better. Took some years for me to find my footing again, but I’ve been moving forward ever since. Have hope.

:blush:

I was lost for some years before my diagnosis. I got lost many times far from home while driving, in buses, metro. I didn’t know what illness I had. I had read about sz but was scared to believe that I had it. I refused that I had sz. I told myself that I had depression to feel better. I kept refusing my sz diagnosis for some years after my sz diagnosis too.

My pdrs didn’t tell me about negative symptoms until 9 years later when I was discharged from mental hospital pdrs. All my apts were at mental hospital for 9 years. Now I see my pdr at an external clinic and he said I have negative symptoms. Recently he referred me to an occupational therapist thinking it can help, its been 2 apts with the therapist and 0 improvement. I think my pdr gave up.

What therapist suggested doing?

She just made me do IQ tests, said my concentration and cognition is good. We talked about my past work experiences and said I had a problem with perseverance. She told me to get back to work. She thinks its that easy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.