Were the 90's actually better?

Or do I just see it that way because I was a kid?

4 Likes

I like being an adult more than I liked being a kid.

6 Likes

I like that I don’t need to be in school in a class full of other kids.

1 Like

When you cry over yesterday, you can’t be happy today. The good old times are now.

1 Like

Life is ■■■■ no matter what year it is. But I wasn’t crazy in the nineties

2 Likes

I just think like, the internet is just a bit of distraction, if you get rid of it, you find that there is loads of other things to do which are more enjoyable. It is just were all so addicted to social media and things like that, that we just waste our time on here. I have been watching a lot of 90’s films as well recently, I dont understand why but I seem to enjoy them a lot more. Like they have better storylines or something. I dont know, maybe it is my imagination.

1 Like

At least you could play popular music with real instruments in the 90´s.

2 Likes

I had a blast in the 90s.

But the music of the 90s was hit and miss

4 Likes

Yup. I didn’t have schizophrenia and I was a happy kid more or less.

3 Likes

In the 90s were less uncertainty. The refuge crisis, covid. There is so much more to be afraid of these days. The medications and popular understanding of mental illness improved so much since the 90’s. The dealing with computers is so much easier. IT is our latest toy since the invention of the wheel and gunpowder. This is only the beginning.

1 Like

It’s nostalgia. There were payphones in my high school, and nobody had a smart phone or did social media yet. I think I would hate growing up with facebook and twitter and instagram and all that other crap. Xbox Live wasn’t even a thing until I was in college.

Not better maybe, but definitely simpler.

1 Like

The music these days is so cheap compared to the 90s.

Nowadays people create an album in a day!?

I miss the soul that started in about the 60s music. Then 70s all the way to the 90s were music to my ears. Today’s music literally bores me. Even my niece thinks so and she’s 11.

3 Likes

I was born in 1987.

My memories of the 90’s was collecting those monthly subscription magazines that give you parts to build something, or rock collections and stuff like that.

I also remember POGs for Star Wars with cereal packets.

Pokemon cards were around, but I never had enough money to get the shiny ones.

Mainly I remember 1996 I paid £160 for my PS1 upgrading from a Master System II.

My parents let me play Grand Theft Auto when I was 9. Makes me laugh these days with my sisters kids that they’re so strict

3 Likes

In America people say the past was the good ol days, I think it’s like the op said when you’re young you’re not aware of all the evil crap that goes on. In the 90’s I wasn’t at least, just Pokemon, N64 and yoyos. In the last 100 years in America there have never been good ol days, there’s always a war, a recession or depression, a gas crisis, serial killers, the red scare, racism, scandals with presidents and government, mass shootings. Maybe one day things will level out.

1 Like

Rose colored glasses.

2 Likes

i had a pager in the 90’s. 43770

3 Likes

The 90s were good to me.
I loved Grunge back then.

3 Likes

Well, Bill Clinton was president. At the end of the decade we had a budget surplus. The economy was growing. Personally, the 90’s weren’t that great for me, though. Those were the years I was on the Haldol shot, and that was miserable. The federal building in downtown Oklahoma City was blown up by Timothy McVeigh.

2 Likes

I was 21 at the start of the 90s. Let’s see… Massive credit card debt, alcoholism, abusive relationships, a bankruptcy, onset of SZ.

Nope, not missing the 90s. Mostly having a blast right now as things are much better.

3 Likes

It was a mixed bag for me. was 20 in 1990 and had a depressive break in 1993. Recovered by smoking a lot of reefer till 1999 where it was weirding me out and I ended up going psychotic. Some great music for sure…fashion was better than the 80’s by a long ways.

2 Likes