Went to visit my Auntie in the nursing home

This is the first visit. She really isn’t doing that well. The dementia keeps getting worse and physically she’s breaking down. Poor thing seems miserable.

6 Likes

My grandmother had dementia and she was in a home for memory care. It was as hard on her until her memory really declined and she just thought it was home. It’s a tough situation.

4 Likes

It’s so nice of you to visit your auntie. I heard the staff at the nursing homes would discriminate those old people who don’t have frequent visitors. At least this is the case in China.

1 Like

You’re very kind to visit her @Leaf

1 Like

Thank you, but I’m glad that I can finally go see her and not be overwhelmed by the smell of litter boxes. She had a might many cats and even her county worker wasn’t keeping up on the chores like she was supposed to, but who could blame her. My sister was so happy to see my aunt in a better environment. We believe soon she will settle in.

1 Like

This is very loving of you @Leaf
Dementia is a rough disease
I helped take care of my Mom for years.
She suffered with dementia until her passing in 2019

1 Like

Bless your heart, that must have been rough.

1 Like

Yes it was @Leaf
Especially the last few months

1 Like

My great uncle has stage 2 dementia but he still lives at home alone. We had to take his car keys.

If I call him to ask him to go to lunch or dinner he has to write it down or he forgets.

We are going to try to keep him at home as long as we can.

Wish you well.

1 Like

My mum is in a nursing home. The nursing home is especially for people with dementia however my mum hasn’t yet been diagnosed. She gets confused but she knows who me and my dad are thank goodness. She doesn’t like being in there she also had a few falls after the last one she had to have a hip replacement she is doing well in that regard now. We visit her every day

1 Like

I hope she gets the treatment she needs there. Hopefully she has kind caretakers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.