Went to ER today

I have a bad knee (I broke a piece of bone off of it), but it has been okay for a while now. A couple of days ago, it started hurting again and radiating into my calf. Then it swelled up so bad I can barely bend it. I went to my PCP who ordered blood tests (Lymes, Rheum factor, ANA, etc), and then I went to the ER so I could get an ultrasound and xray done right away. With my history of blood clots, getting the ultrasound of my leg was really critical. Everything is okay- just osteophyte growth at the site of the missing bone. I have to keep my leg elevated with ice and an Ace bandage. But now my hand and ankle are swollen too, so I’m starting to think it’s not just arthritis in my knee. :no_mouth:

9 Likes

I’m sorry @Happy_H.
I wish you well.

1 Like

Man, that sucks. I’m sorry.

Thanks @Wave @LED.

1 Like

Thank God there’s no blood clot!!’

4 Likes

@Happy_H
Are your hand and ankle still swollen? How does your knee feel?

1 Like

It’s good you went to the ER to get it checked out. Does the ER have a nurse/physician advice phone number you could call to inquire about the swelling in your ankle and hand? I hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

Thanks for checking on me, y’all. I had a lot of blood work done this morning, so hopefully that will tell us something. We’ll see! In the meantime, I’m trying to stay off of it, and I’m alternating between two ice packs. I also have it wrapped. My ankle still hurts, but my hand is okay.

3 Likes

Knee pain is horrible. Please feel better soon.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.