Went for a walk today

Me and my support worker went for a walk today. Was fun.

9 Likes

Cool man…!!!

3 Likes

That sounds nice.

I stay home all the time.

I should try to go on a walk some day for my own health.

3 Likes

I was a bit shocked at how out of breath I got. I usually just stay in as well but it is making me put on weight.

2 Likes

Do you get on well with your support worker? I had one for a year, and he was a pretty cool guy.

1 Like

Me too buddy! I walked a mile two days ago and a bit over a mile yesterday. There was thunderstorms this morning but perhaps later I can walk another mile. I’m very happy that you’re deciding to get out and just doing it no matter how you feel. I’ve learned that I always have to suck it up no matter how these voices treat me, and force myself to do things that I really don’t want to do…such as shower I haven’t showered yet because I don’t want to shower…but I’m dirty and my hair is messy and I had better get to it soon.

1 Like

Yeah he is really cool. We get on really well. The whole community mental health team is stretched to breaking point though because of cutbacks. There used to be 5 support workers on the team now there is 2. They are also 3 CPNs short.

1 Like

That’s is cool you walked as well @neveragain. Fall is my favourite season for walking.

1 Like