Went BACK to the aquarium (pics) 🐟

We went back to the aquarium, since we left early on Saturday (I wasn’t feeling well). :fish::shrimp: We are members now, so it didn’t cost us anything extra - free admission for a year!

Here are some pics from today. :relaxed:

Vine snake!

Some kind of loach, cleaning the glass!

A vagi… - I’m just kidding. It’s a giant clam!

An urchin!

Random fishies. I don’t remember what they are.

Nemo’s cousins! (clown fish)

Kelp!

Giant shrimp dude!

My friend, the crab!

This is an American Lobster! He was huge!!

My friend, the sea turtle!!

Some rays and sharks and stuff!

Thanks for coming to my post and admiring these fun sea creatures. :shark::crab::relaxed:

23 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Looks like fun. :shark::shark::shark:

1 Like

Great photos ! Such a happy post !

4 Likes

Thanks! :relaxed: I feel good, today. I had such fun at the aquarium!

5 Likes

Yes I enjoyed your thread very much!
So positive and cheery!

2 Likes

Nice fishes! Did you find your earring?

1 Like

Haha, I did not! Thanks for asking.

I expressed my sadness to my husband, about losing my earring, on Saturday. He said we can find the artist at the Utah Arts Festival later this year and get new, BETTER ones! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: (the earrings were handmade & I got them at the Arts Festival several years ago)

4 Likes

Have you tried looking around on Etsy? :koala::koala::koala:

2 Likes

Beautiful pics!! I love the stingrays. Thank you for sharing these. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Great photos @Blossom! I love the aquarium too.

2 Likes

I have thought of that. I’ll wait until the Utah Arts Festival and if I can’t find the artist there, I will go look on Etsy. :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice pics.

Do they have a Pufferfish?

:grinning:

2 Likes

Nice. What city is the aquarium in?

I didn’t see any pufferfish. I wish! But there was a cool octopus! :relaxed:

2 Likes

It’s Loveland Living Planet Aquarium in Draper, Utah. (In Salt Lake County)

1 Like

Off topic, but did you know you can get pet fresh water pufferfish? I think they’re called pea puffer fish. You can only have like one though, because they are pretty aggressive. They’re adorable though.

As for the thread, awesome pics @Blossom ! I love going to the aquarium, and the sea turtles are my favorites!

2 Likes

They eat puffer fish in Japan, they remove the poisonous part before cooking. You need a special license to remove the poisonous part, to cook and to serve them in restaurants.

To humans, tetrodotoxin is deadly, up to 1,200 times more poisonous than cyanide. There is enough toxin in one pufferfish to kill 30 adult humans, and there is no known antidote.

6 Likes

I saw a program on this! Even when the fishermen catch them in the sea they have to be handled correctly. The eyes have the toxin in them

3 Likes

I saw it on Youtube, a guy who does travel videos around the world.

3 Likes

And the restaurant need special locked bins for the remains cause a poor homeless person died after going through a pufferfisk restaurants garbage

3 Likes