Well it's happening

I’m parents are off to Las Vegas for the week, gonna be home alone for the next week. Kitty was cooperative this morning and let me give her meds quite easily. I’ll be alone until next Thursday when my aunt comes to pick me up to take me to my cousin’s for Thanksgiving dinner. I’m a little anxious today, but aside from that I’m okay.

5 Likes

Cool. You’ll be able to relax and do whatever you want since you’ll be home alone. Do your parents not leave you alone often?

1 Like

You can do it @sohare1981 !

1 Like

Not since mom retired, she’s home all the time. Dad’s retired but he wanted to get a part time job to get out of the house from time to time. Last time I was home alone was when they went on their cruise like a year ago.

1 Like

Are you looking forward to it or are you nervous?

1 Like

nervous. mostly because i’m on my own about giving kitty her medication, she doesn’t like to take it too easily.

1 Like

You’ll do fine I’m sure! Look at it as an adventure! :smile:

2 Likes

When I’m home alone I am like freeeeee

3 Likes

When my wife leaves on work trips I get the same feeling about being home alone. I’m worried I might do something stupid like cut myself.

Maybe take a couple of minutes to set up an emergency plan. Include things that soothe you when things get bad. Medication you should take if you get anxious or worried. Phone numbers of people you can call to talk you through it, like your doctors, the hotel your parents are staying at. Things that distract you. For me it’s jazz music, maybe for you it’s a computer game or tv show you have on dvd or something.

4 Likes

I was feeling anxious earlier and sat and watched the first disk of season 1 of the old 80’s show called Alf. Usually with mom/dad home I can only watch maybe two shows at the most, in case I go into my room and watch it on my own. It was nice just sitting there watching the show. I might watch Daria tomorrow.

2 Likes

You can do it! Let me know if anything comes up with Kitty and I’ll try to help you out.

1 Like

So far she’s been cooperative with me. I was kind of surprised this evening her inhaler’s we ordered several weeks ago came today. I was excited and wanted to try it. Kitty let me hold her for a second but she didn’t seem to like the tube being placed over her mouth. When she jumped down she looked at me like what the h**** was that?

You can read her expressions so clearly on her face. She doesn’t hide anything. But then she stayed out with me and looked like she was fine…almost a little more relaxed. I Called my dad and he said I was supposed to call the vet when I got it to find out how many times a day I give it to her. I decided to only do it this once on my own…got to excited to wait. I just want to make my kitty feel good and not struggle with her breathing. It’s a hard feeling like there’s nothing more I can do for her. Hopefully the inhaler works well with her.

I did what they recommended and sprayed it first then quickly put it over her mouth, I counted to ten…if that wasn’t ten breaths, there was no way I could hold her still for that long. I think though she’s being extra cooperative/good for me while mom and dad are gone. I just wonder how long this will last with her, if she’ll get tired of it later on in the week. I try to tell her I’m giving her the medicine to help her, and if she cooperates it gets done a lot quicker. I don’t know if it’s getting through to her finally, or the dramatic change-up of grandma and grandpa not being here…

As for me, aside from walking out and getting the mail (a communal mailbox set is in the center of the complex we live in) I didn’t do much, just watched a couple Dr. Phil’s, and this show on the science channel I like called What on Earth…took a nice shower, but couldn’t get the water warm enough. That time of the year, the maintenance man has to go and re-adjust the water gages or whatever but he’s been busy because they’re re-doing the roofs and painting in the hallways this week…so he’s just been busy.

3 Likes