Well it is becoming very apparent

That I will need something to help me sleep. Here are my two choices:
Neo citran (similar to theraflu)
Gravol

I honestly doubt either will help me sleep. When I get into this bad rhythm nothing makes me sleep.

1 Like

What does the doctor say? Are they prescription meds?

1 Like

There is some over-the-counter sleep med you can buy at the drug store that I have heard works. I don’t remember the name of it.

1 Like

No they are over the counter.
I take clozapine and lithium at night. That would likely knock out a horse.
Every so often this happens and then I can stay up to 48 hours at times.

On a scale of one to ten, how difficult is it for you emotionally and mentally to not get sleep? Ten being the hardest.

1 Like

There is zzzquil and melatonin

Probably not helpful, but when I go into a no sleep cycle, I try not to panic and just live it. At some point I have always slept again. Unless it’s caused by something you’re taking or doing, it’s a cycle that will end.

2 Likes

A 48 hour no sleep is about an eight.
Right now about a 5

1 Like

Yes I eventually will sleep. :zzz::bed:

1 Like

Thankfully my kids are at their dad’s place til Sunday so it doesn’t affect them

1 Like

The only melatonin that works for me is Solgar melatonin 10 mg. No other brand helps me.

1 Like

It helps for small bouts of insomnia but not like this

1 Like

I agree, it just helps me relax which can at times help me sleep

1 Like

I really party it up when I have a sleepless night - have to be quiet and in my room but I can be at my computer or books or writing. I have come to enjoy it and also think I deserve to enjoy it because it usually happens after a stressful day. And there is no health risk because I make up for about half of it with a 4 hour nap the next day.

1 Like

I think I’m just going to binge watch Netflix after the hockey game. I’ve been able to sleep in my chair sometimes. Cozy blanket and a cup of sweet tea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.