Well, I now know why I'm not sleeping

I have severe sleep apnea. I’m waking up because I’m not breathing.

That was the results from the 2 hours and 58 minutes that I slept during an at home study where you hook yourself up to a tiny computer. Now they want me to come to their hospital and stay overnight and have someone watch me sleep. Then I guess they will figure out what treatment I need.

13 Likes

sounds like a plan, i think there are lots of treatments so i am sure they will find the best one for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad they can help @Leaf.

1 Like

Good luck to you.

1 Like

I have sleep apnea but refused treatment. I don’t want to use a cpap machine.

2 Likes

Hey there Leaf is it? So, I thought that was outdated. Maybe it’s because i’m in Boston and it’s like the best medical care ever for East Coast…they typically send you home with a funny hat with electrodes to wear and a camera from your home and you push the button if you wake up feeling badly then the camera records it. I dunno. But it’s not that bad…It’s not FUN but it’s nothing you should be worried about though i acknowledge your fears. Stay strong. You got this.

.:Hollister:.

2 Likes

Wow!

Wish I got help like that with my insomnia.

Time and research…

2 Likes

Honestly my biggest fear is I have a phobia of traveling and I have to go out of state to get the test done because it’s the closest hospital that has a sleep lab. My doctor and I were discussing all the sedatives I would need for the trip and she didn’t want to give me as much as I was thinking I would need. But she said she would decide when we get scheduled.

1 Like

How long do you sleep each night? How long have you been having this problem? Why won’t they test you?

1 Like

I have had insomnia since I was a child.

I have not had testing suggested to me.

I can’t afford a private sleep clinic.

Don’t know if Medicare would cover testing.

1 Like

I have medicare

1 Like

I did that years ago. But I haven’t been getting treated because I couldn’t tolerate the treatment. Although they say its changed a lot in recent years. I just haven’t looked into it. I need to.

1 Like

I snore badly. My doctor wanted me to do a sleep study, but that unvolves being at the hospital 12 hours and being kicked out at 6 am. No one wants to come get me that early!

1 Like

To me that’s rotten. But I don’t have anyone either. I’ll be taking a medical transport paid for by my insurance company. It’s out of state, but only an hour away. I hope you can find someone to take you. Maybe your insurance will pay for a transporter.

Yeah. I could do medical transport. It’s just difficult to get a reliable vendor. We’re in the sticks and only 1 local cab company that do medical transport. They have 4 drivers and get booked quick.

1 Like

Good luck @Leaf ! I hope they fix it and help you get a good night’s sleep

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.