Weird noises from stomach after eating

I’ve been having them ever since I first got Covid. I’m pretty sure that I am over the illness itself, but the noises persist. I’m wondering if Covid didn’t do permanent GI system damage and it’s just something I’m going to have to live with.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m being paranoid. I became worried about permanent damage after reading about Covid while sick. It’s one of the reasons I got Paxlovid as a precaution. Stupid Covid.

SOmetimes I get the noises without eating as well, but its primarily after eating. Maybe it will fix itself eventually. IDK.

4 Likes

I hope it gets better @Bowens. Glad you’re over Covid.

3 Likes

I sometimes have GI noises after I eat. I don’t think that’s unusual or worrisome as long as you dont have pain or discomfort. Dogs can have loud digestive noises as well. You can put your ear on your dog’s side after they eat and listen to GI gurgles and popping sounds.

3 Likes

Ok thanks @Moonbeam . Maybe I’m being paranoid. During the illness, nausea accompanied it. And it just seems like it’s new with the illness and is fairly consistent, not a once in awhile thing, so It has me thinking it may be GI damage, but maybe I’m wrong.

3 Likes

It could be some lingering effects from Covid but I doubt it will be permanent.
It took a couple of months before my stomach issues resolved itself after Covid.
I’m pretty sure what your experiencing is quite normal @Bowens

3 Likes

Thanks @SpringRose . Ok thanks @Wave .

Now I feel a bit like I’m posting paranoid stuff and being a baby. lol. YOu’re probably right.

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad. Please. Covid is scary

4 Likes

Thanks @CoCo !

2 Likes

The GI noises are a good thing, means your gut pumps are working like they should:

The virus and treatment likely messed up your but bacteria some and there will be a bit of extra chugging and grumbling down there while it sorts itself out again.

3 Likes

It could be a side effect of paxlovid?

1 Like

You are not being a baby @Bowens
Like @CoCo said, Covid is scary and anything is possible but more likely it’s not probable

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.