Weight loss success stories

I’m looking for some extra motivation. Anyone have a success story with losing weight?

3 Likes

I went from 110 kg to 80 kg on 20 mg of olanzapine in 2 years on a low carb diet on weekdays.

7 Likes

That’s amazing, congrats!

I’m on 20 mg of Olanzapine too.

4 Likes

Olanzapine gives me a huge appetite.

1 Like

I’m still losing weight. I’m losing 1kg a month.

I’m calorie counting. Drinking decaffeinated espresso helps a great deal with hunger cravings.

The more weight I lose, the less calories I’m allowed eat to continue to lose weight.

But it also appears the more weight I lose, the less I crave. Maybe my stomach has shrunk :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I lost 63 lbs on prolixen on an extremely low carb diet. It didn’t hurt me but I wouldn’t go on such a restrictive diet again. I ate no more than 20 grams of carbs a day for more than a year.

2 Likes

Wow. My friend lost 100lbs on a low carb diet and he ate 100 carbs *max

1 Like

When I went off zyprexa and on loxapine I lost 20 lbs. I couldn’t get loxapine anymore so I went on Latuda. Latuda didn’t give me a big appetite but I gave into my urge to eat sugary foods and I gained the weight back. Now I’m on 10 mg lybalvi which is zyprexa combined with an appetite suppressant and I have a constricted throat and lost ten pounds.( My throat has been constricted since I was on Latuda. )

1 Like

Thanks for sharing guys!

1 Like

Is maintaining a weight and not putting on weight a success story? Because I am stuck at around the same weight for a few years now. Twice before I lost enough weight to be normal BMI but then I gained it back. I am currently 203 lbs.

1 Like

This is me when I lost weight the last time

3 Likes

I’ve gone from 298 lbs to 214 lbs in 2 years. I’m on clozapine and have cravings for sugar but I weigh and measure my foods, I journal my foods, and I try to stay under 1200 calories a day. Every 2 weeks when I weigh in and lose weight, I allow myself one “cheat” food, like Mac and cheese or a package of Reese’s peanut butter cups. I also no longer keep the foods I crave in the house.

5 Likes

I’m down 9 kgs (19.8lbs). Started cutting out sugar and eating healthier. Now trying Keto and getting there. It’s hard work but ultra low carbs and more fat and exercise is working well. I’m the lightest I’ve been in 2 decades and still losing. I use my fitbit app to log food and keep the balance between carbs, fat and protein.

2 Likes

Down to 167 from 178 my highest weight. Not to get down a bad road but I was switched from schizo affective to personality disorder and quit all meds except weaning off my last anxiety medicine busprion which helped to lose weight. Walking a lot and cutting back on food and soda. Off topic but will switch to stress gummies and stay off meds good for me and mental health and my weight levels .

4 Likes

Well done sir!

1 Like

At one time, I weighed 190 pounds. I now weigh 106 pounds and have for years. I used Weight Watchers, a change in habitat, and exercise.

3 Likes

How tall are you?

4 feet 11 inches and shrinking with age.

1 Like

That’s a very healthy weight for your height!

@PinCushion

1 Like

I’ve lost 62lbs in 4 months I’m on quetiapine 300mg a day. No added sugar and logging everything I eat and drink as well as exercise. With a Fitbit and the lose it app.

Before

After

6 Likes