Weight loss on antipsychotics is possible: study

The so-called “antipsychotic drugs”…

Bahahaha

1 Like

Yes, it looks like it’s written for lay people.

1 Like

It is but its at least twice as difficult which makes it near impossible for most people considering that losing weight is hard enough on its own.

2 Likes

‘Fake obesity experts’ - 3 minute clip.

3 Likes

The whole thing is not to loose weight but to stabilize.

I used top be 6 feet tall, but I’ve lost an inch somewhere.

Currently, I’ve got a viral infection, and I’m off my feed. I’m down from 188 pounds to 172 pounds.

Jayster

2 Likes

I gave the study a fast glance, didn’t read it all, but I don’t know how they say it’s possible to lose weight on it. I, as an example, am a person who exercised for years and kept a low level body fat and ate properly to a point that my family said it was too much. I kept eating well after I started risperidone, but I got fatter in no time. I couldn’t exercise because my body was in pain and I tired too fast and felt too sedated.

Now, my dose is lower so the weight gain stopped but even eating well I can’t lose the weight I gained (5-10kg, I’m not fat, but I had abs before so the difference is still big).

Perhaps it varies from person to person but, for me, weight loss on antipsychotics is not possible.

2 Likes

It’s impossible without a stimulant and metformin

1 Like

I lost 8kg when I was just on aripiprazole (I’m just on aripiprazole again), so I think it’s possible, but it depends on which med you’re taking.

When I was just on olanzapine, I lost around 1kg, but I wasn’t able to stick with the diet. The hungriness was immense.

2 Likes

My BMI is 20.

Fifteen characters…

2 Likes

The problem is ever since being on abilify my motivation has been low and exercise is like trying to move my feet that have become magnetic to the ground!

1 Like