Weight Loss Log

On phone and typing. If right after exercise like 30 min to hour white cuz of gi. Any other time brown…however,fda doesn’t regulate rice and lots of brown rice has arsenic in it. I use lundbergs brown basmati or their brown jasmine. Order online cuz expensive at store

2 Likes

Not all rice is created equally.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed the calories. Not the calcium though.

1 Like

It is a whole grain though. I’m not telling anyone to eat it. I was curious myself what the differences were.

1 Like

Eating whole grain loaves of bread is an alternative to rice or fibre bread. Though buying brown rice in a large bag is more cost effective.

1 Like

My Mom tells me to eat brown rice.

1 Like

The difference is the gi…like white bread vs whole grain. White causes a spike in insulin like sugar does. Right after a workout it refuels your glycogen. Brown is low gi so it keeps insulin steady meaning your mental health…or moodiness and cravings won’t be there cuz won’t have sugar crash.

3 Likes

I make my own breads. If trying to lose weight Ezekiel or sprouted bread is best but expensive. Usually have to refrigerate fyi

3 Likes

@anon98519533 Make your own bread? I’ve never tried that. How do you know what the nutrient contents are exactly then? But I guess there is cost savings in making your own bread.

1 Like

I like sprouted breads too @anon98519533. Good stuff, it’s nice and dense so it seems to have a longer lasting feeling of fullness than normal bread made with flour.
Trader Joe has them for a reasonable price. So does Sprouts when it’s on sale.

4 Likes

I use recipes from King Arthur usually. Lots of tips I can give you to make it taste better like adding a little oj…I squeeze part of a clementine in white whole wheat bread. Makes it taste better…usually use maple syrup instead of sugar. White whole wheat is nearly identical to reg whole wheat from different berry. Personally, I mill most of my own flour…but still have other flour, too…oh, I forgot I make sourdough, too. Good for ya, too. Still on phone. Sorry my husband is telling me he’s gonna be outta country for how long…he is trying to find out

3 Likes

i am going to try to lose weight i lost alot of weight (about 60 pounds in 4 months) before when i stopped taking olanzapine but i gained it all back plus more when i started taking it again,

i am going to try to lose weight while staying on meds but i switched from regular olanzapine to orally disintegrating olanzapine which is suppose to not increase appetite as much but idk how true that is,

i think i am going to water fast for a long time or just do intermittent fasting, im not really good at dieting because once i start eating i cant stop and end up binging,

i want to start exercising i think i will start riding my bike i exercised today watching a video on youtube it was mostly strength exercises with a little cardio in the beginning,

right now i weigh like 315 pounds i cant believe i weighed 180 a few months ago and now i have gained so much but i want to try to get down to like 200 it will prob take a long time but i think i will be better off not eating at all than just eating less

3 Likes

Good luck @sigarino. Lot’s of people are in the same boat as you here. Hope everything goes well.

3 Likes

Honestly that big of a weight change, I’d see a nutritionist. Different peoples body’s metabolisms are different…same as some meds work for some and not for others. Having a nutritionist also helps keep you accountable.

3 Likes

@anon98519533 Are you a cook/chef/baker or something? Milling your own flour? But that’s great you can do all those things… Better than me where I have to buy the food instead of making it.

1 Like

I’m a housewife and don’t drive lol. I also minored in nutrition

2 Likes

@anon98519533 Okay, that explains a lot then…LOL

Not really I graduated in 02. Things are very very different

1 Like

I just keep up with it

1 Like

when i saw my regular doctor for a physical in january they said i could see the nutritionist but i never went, i weighed 260 than, i just looked at my
notes and i started taking my meds again on 9/18/17 and i weighed 182 than so its been like 6 months that its taken for me to have gained all this weigh