Weekly individual therapy is too much for me

When I see her biweekly, there’s so much to talk about for 45 minutes. Then we run out of things to talk about, go silent for a minute, end. It’s ideal.

Therapy is work to me. I go because it’s best and keeps me out of the hospital but too much is too much.

When I go weekly we talked for like 10 minutes and then the last 35 minutes are awkward.

I came late and she said we had to end I have a puzzled look on my face, thinking, thank God this is done! Meanwhile she’s making Excuses For why we ended so early, when I’m just in shock rather than that we were done in a bad way but in a good way. Hope I’m explaining that right.

For why we ended so early, when I’m just in shock rather than that we were done in a bad way but in a good way. Hope I’m explaining that.

TLDR

Lots to talk about when I see my therapist every other week, barely anything when I see her weekly. I think every other week is perfect :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I know what you mean. Can you believe I used to go for and hour one a week and we would always run late and wind up going over the hour. That was very intense therapy, learned a lot and changed a lot. And yes therapy is hard work if you’re doing it right imo.

1 Like

I’m also going to nine hours of group therapy week right now. She just texted me back that bi weekly is OK. I couldn’t imagine ever going over the time, but then again I’m a guy We don’t talk as much ha ha Ha

1 Like

That’s a lot of group! Do you like it? What do you do in group?

1 Like

Good luck to you Jon, may God bless you, may you thrive and do well in all of your endeavors :heart:

1 Like

We have three groups. 50 mins each with ten minutes breaks. The first two are for mental health only. Then the third for substance abuse. I was put in the substance abuse group despite me not struggling with any substance right now. But it’s good cuz I like the substance abuse people best I just support them with fair opinions while trying not to trigger anyone.

1 Like

And then do you guys sit in a big circle and talk or do you do different activities and such?

1 Like

Today we’re going to do an activity on “drawing or writing about your ideal version of your self”. But mostly we just talk ina circle :o:️. We do the diary cards daily where we rate our emotions and stuff.

1 Like

I love you very much Jon, you are a dear friend of mine :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

You too @Chess24!!!

1 Like

I go to therapy once a month and it’s just fine for me. I wouldn’t want to go every week.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.