Week Two - Yaayyyy!

This is the second week I haven’t hallucinated! I thought the day would never come. I don’t know how long it will last, but for now, I’ll take it!

(Disclaimer: Unless I have been so out of it that I have hallucinated and not realized.)

17 Likes

What have you done that is different? :gorilla::gorilla::gorilla:

My doctor raised my Latuda. I’m at 120mg and 1200mg Lithium. Seems to be working! It’s been years!

1 Like

Glad it is working and your getting relief. :whale::whale::whale:

1 Like

Thank you @GrayBear. Me, too.

1 Like

WOO HOOOOOO!!! So happy for you!

1 Like

Thank you @anon39736208!

well alright !! That is so great you feel this way !! keep it up !!

Thank you for celebrating with me @jukebox!

1 Like

This is awesome news!
Hope it continues!

@Wave Thanks! I don’t know if it will last, so I’m just staying grateful for the days I’ve had! No expectations!

1 Like

Congratulations @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter! Glad you found a med combination that’s working for you.

I appreciate your encouragement so much @disciple!

1 Like

I’m so happy for you! I’m so glad your meds are working!!

Congratulations! It was three years ago almost to the day that mine disappeared. They haven’t been back since, with the exception of a couple months ago when I got food poisoning and couldn’t keep my meds down for a few days. But then they disappeared again right after.

What medicine and dosage stopped the voices for you, if you don’t mind me asking? (@Ninjastar)

Every med affects everyone differently, so don’t expect the same results from the same treatment. But for me, it was Geodon at 80 mg and stopping the amitriptyline, which I had been on for a few years. And I miscounted. It was February 2017, not 2016, so it’s been two years.

Since then, I’ve reduced the Geodon to 60 mg, and I’ve been on that dose for about seven months. I also take gabapentin PRN for anxiety and wrist pain, but I try not to take it more than once a week. Doctors say it’s not addictive, but I disagree. It makes me high, and a bit hypomanic, and I could see a definite potential for abuse. I work very closely with my doctor, and she values my input.

I’ve been lucky with Geodon. The only side effect I experience at this dose is wanting more sleep than I can actually get. I usually manage about 6 hours, but need 9. Back when I was more psychotic, I was on 160 mg. At that dose, I was basically a vegetable, but I only needed to be on that dose for a few months to stabilize. Then, they brought it down slowly.

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed answer! I’m glad it works for you. Also, I had a neighbor who constantly abused gabapentin she wasn’t prescribed, just to change the way she feels. It seemed pretty addictive to her.

1 Like

It was pretty addictive to a previous tenant, also. They kept stealing it from their boyfriend. It was a mess. I think any doctor who says it isn’t addictive just hasn’t tried it themselves yet.

1 Like

@Sardonic
Your support is impactful!

@Ninjastar
Rejoicing with you! Congratulations to you as well.

1 Like