Webcam Hack

Been freaking out for days, webcam kept coming on and making windows type noises, installed network monitor but it’s really detailed and a lot to watch, then it was staying on so rather than unplug it, I dug in and tried to track down why and how, task manager, device manager said no cam was attached, then decided to update driver, to old none available, then I found the problem :blush:

My left foot kept knocking the usb port it was plugged into, connecting and disconnecting it, so I caught the culprit red handed. I threaten to cut it off with a chop saw and the harassment stopped.

Ugh…

7 Likes

Im glad it was an inside job and has been handled lol…it would be much harder to track down if it was anyone else…

3 Likes

I’m glad it wasn’t a real hacker. Do you feel better now?

4 Likes

Yeah was ready to scrap my whole computer

2 Likes

Mine was at least 10 years old so today decided to upgrade to a new one, old one does not function well with windows 10 and probably not very secure, so this was on sale for $80.00 Logitech HD Pro Webcam (C920)

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that your webcam wasn’t actually hacked. Getting my webcam hacked is a super big fear of mine, even if I don’t have mine plugged in 24/7 and I have a desktop. It’s just one of those rational but in some circumstances irrational fears that I have. :confused:

1 Like

very common fear , even for those without schizophrenia, my old neighbor is out traveling the world right now and contacts me on skype right now, otherwise I don’t really use it much

1 Like

Yeah. I use Skype to talk with my online buddies that I can trust, but that’s it. Since I have a psychotic disorder and am prone to paranoia as a result, it made my fear pretty much skyrocket. I don’t worry about it all the time, but I do when I have my camera plugged in and when I’m using mobile devices that have cameras on them.