We won’t know until we try it-

There are a few discussions on YouTube about Ulotaront and a bunch of writings about how it modulates (alters and reduces) dopamine in certain parts of the brain related to psychosis. But does anyone know if it raises dopamine in other areas? I mean I guess it must if it claims it is effective on negative symptoms. Wonder if it would be used then for major depressive disorder, bipolar depression in the future or what not. A few sources claim it “may raise dopamine in areas” it connects to a lot of endorphin type things.
Like 5-ht1 and beta endorphins, phenylethylamine. One article claimed it “may” but no one is giving a clear answer on it….dunno but I’m certainly antsy and eager to find out.

1 Like

Have you tried something simpler like going outside for a walk or petting a dog? Also makes you feel better.

1 Like

Congrats for going spectacularly off-topic, by the way.

3 Likes

For what it is worth, I think the mechanisms are complex enough, and vary so much between people, that you won’t know if it is worth taking until you actually take it for a couple of months assuming it gets approved.

Edit: just read this is the title of the thread :sweat_smile:. I think you are right about not knowing until we try it.

3 Likes

Well it’s a full agonist , not a partial agonist, my guess is that it either modulates dopamine in d2 receptor pathway so it won’t affect other pathways thus this medicine is good for negatives or it lowers dopamine is your whole brain so it has some negative symptoms but not much weight gain. Either way it’s been trialed in rats and taar1 agonist cause healthy and obese rats to lose appetite while ht1a agonist cause them to gain appetite so they balance each other out

1 Like

I’m not trying to get high is my disclaimer-but getting “rid of negatives” just isn’t enough it needs to bring back my childhood brain and make me distinctly interested in the things that made me who I was without having to exercise every damn day. Sorry if this is offputting but I’m eagerly awaiting this answer from drugs like Ulotaront and KARxt etc.

1 Like

That’s impossible. You’re an adult and you have an adult brain now. Neural pruning, dude.

Get busy with the things you used to like. Go hard enough and deep enough and it should come back. Don’t quit when it gets difficult.

You should be exercising almost every day SZ or not.

I’ve been around this community for a long time. The people like you who fixate on getting their fix from a specific med? I’ve seen them a decade or more later with nothing to show for it because the new meds turn out to be a bust every time. Do you really want to waste more years?

3 Likes

Oh no, not another one abilify based med :frowning:

2 Likes

I am on abilify, did great for me except that I still have weight gain on it like it was supposed to

You’ll never find the perfect meds. Do you want stiffnesses of the limb’s or weight gain. I want both and that made make up my mind and choose Clopixol and Seroquel.

Yeah im surprised people expect thenew medications b4 would help when there mechanisms of actions were always the same, antagonizing dopamine and serotonin receptors. At least with these new meds mechanism of action is actually different, agonizing muscarinic receptors, or case with ulotaront, agonizing taar receptors.