We talked about self esteem today in group therapy

I feel like I’ve proven to myself that I’m incapable of most things throughout my life. And I’ve had plenty of insults about my looks all my life. So that makes liking myself difficult. All I feel is shame

1 Like

yea i know exactly what you mean… i feel the same…

i’m sorry to hear you feel like that too… you are a nice girl, you deserve to be happy

1 Like

Thanks @lekkerhondje

1 Like

@SacredNeigh7 , I have a good self esteem because I know that my Higher Power loves and esteems me far more than I do.

1 Like

Just curious why you addressed this to me when I have not replied to this post.

I guess I could reply.

I think my esteem is pretty good.
I know I’m not that independent but appreciate the independence I do have.
I have become wrinkly and chubby but love myself anyway even though I would like to loose a few kg.

1 Like

I’m glad you feel good about yourself @SacredNeigh7. It’s hard to accept ones imperfections so that’s awesome

1 Like

It’s like my self esteem is schizophrenic. My relationship with myself is very much a love/hate relationship.

1 Like

I get that @crimby. I hope someday you’ll be able to fully love yourself

1 Like

My weight downs me big time. Like, I’m losing it very slowly but it’s something you’re constantly reminded of when you are overweight or obese.

My self esteem is ok but I feel so low when I remember times I’ve embarrassed myself in the past (including at a former place of work) which in turn drives my paranoia levels upwards.

Everything is connected and it’s just a constant battle which I’m sure all you guys are going through it as well.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re not feeling great about yourself. I hope you find a support system. I know how hard it is so I feel for you

1 Like

i am like up and down. sometimes i think the world of myself othertimes i feel embarrassed.

judy

2 Likes

I often doubt my apperance.

And myself.

1 Like

Hmm. . .

Self Esteem Is A Mirrored Judgment From Outside Sources Trying To Place You Somewhere.

Not everyone gets their self esteem from what everyone else thinks. Others can think you’re great and you’re still down on yourself.

3 Likes

Hmm?. . .

Maybe, Perhaps, I’m Not A Scientist.

2 Likes

It’s the amount of self worth you feel. I suppose some people have inflated sense of self. But for the average person, good self esteem is a good thing if possible

2 Likes

I tried a group before

It was depressing and unhelpful

Going to try one for employment I hope soon, so we’ll see how that goes

2 Likes

Good luck @Joker . Hopefully it goes better than it did before for you

I tried a group. I think it was both good and silly.

1 Like

I like myself ? Is that what self esteem is? I had a psychologist that kept telling me I had low self esteem but she was crazy! I could do anything I want !! Im talented enough to get whatever I want I believe. So I actually disagree with the psychologist and think I have a healthy sense of myself and what I’m capable of!

3 Likes