We talked about self esteem today in group therapy

I’m happy for you @Here4You

1 Like

Yeah @Cragger . I’m ashamed that I can’t work too

1 Like

I dont have a problem with self esteem but since I got sz I am too irritable, meds helped a lot but I am still a bit more irritable than the average person. After I fight with ppl like my family I feel ashamed and stupid after for a short time.

2 Likes

On advice from this forum and @anon10627598 ive been practicing in front of my video camera on stream and going back and watching the video before I delete it

This is no secret if you read this board

But it has tremendously helped my confidence in speaking, even though I still feel I sound and look awkward.

I am more comfortable with myself

2 Likes

@aziz you’re the perfect candidate for a health reform.

I used to weigh 300 lbs too. I was sure I was going to lose it and kill a someone.

Now I’m down 70 pounds and I’m much less irritable. Also I believe you could benefit from not living with your parents if you have the means.

I tried to DM you this message but it says your profile is set to private.

1 Like

I hope you can use the tools the therapist gave you. I know what really helped was in my diary I would write 3 things I’m good at or my virtues and try my best to believe it. My self esteem went up a bit especially with a balanced life and social well being.

1 Like

Problem is if I live on my own I will be lonely most of the time, I have friends but they work full time and would be bored at my house, they want to go shopping, eating in restaurants, etc but I cant really do that, I very rarely go out of the house unless its an emergency or Dr apt. Today I went to the clinic then picked up my father, we ate and drank coffee at Mcdonald.

I feel this is true for most of the population.

It pisses me off when I explain to people that I don’t have good days. “Well that’s true for everyone.” Yeah but it’s amplified when your brain doesn’t work right to begin with.

1 Like

@anon99082702 I will make a new thread so we dont derail this one.

2 Likes

Do you have a nice set of ear buds so you can drown the rest of the house out with ? It’s with the $200

The last 6 months I lived with my parents some days I had to climb mountains to not lose my cool.

2 Likes

I have negative self esteem, I haven’t recognized myself in the mirror or accepted who I have become since sz. There are lyrics from a band I like that go “the shell of a boy of a man who I used to be” that’s how I feel, I would be homeless without my mom, I have no other family or irl friends. But atleast there are funny memes to distract me from my thoughts for a few moments.

2 Likes

It’s so hard to not have friends. I’ve been there before @lofifunk

1. Your husband wants to care for you
  2. You’ve lost so much weight, that must increase your self esteem
  3. Having paranoia issues is a pain for sure, but you should give yourself credit for dealing with them.
  4. You’re doing the right thing in reaching out for as much help as you can get. I’m very bad at doing that.
2 Likes

Thanks @everhopeful.

1 Like

I took the RISE self esteem test online. It’s free. I scored an average self esteem which is good. At least I don’t have low self esteem.

1 Like

I’m glad you like yourself @SkinnyMe . That’s very helpful in life

1 Like

In some ways I have a little, in most ways it is poor.

1 Like

i got more low self esteem… i don’t feel so good about myself but it could be worse though…

1 Like

I’m sorry you don’t feel good about yourself. I think you’re a great person based on your posts. You’re definitely worthy of love and kindness

1 Like

thank you @CoCo =)
that makes me feel better.

I hope you feel better about yourself soon…
we prob don’t deserve low self esteem but it’s hard feeling better about yourself huh =(

1 Like