We just had an earthquake

This had nothing to do with the Mayans and 2012, did it ?

1 Like

I forget that one. It sounds familiar though. Supposed to be the end of the world or something?

1 Like

Yeah.

1 Like

Thereā€™s always someone predicting the end of the world. Always has been. As far as I know, itā€™s never come true so I take all these predictions with a huge grain of salt.

1 Like

There was a second earthquake as I lay down for bed, much smaller but still detectable. Itā€™s got me a little on edge even though I know itā€™s good that the pressure is being released with little ones.

Donā€™t forget about the California wild fires too.

so sorry you had a quake !! please donā€™t be afraidā€¦comes with living in San Francisco I guessā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m glad youā€™re ok, @Leaf. Thatā€™s really scary.

1 Like

Thank you @jukebox and @Blossom yes it just makes you remember to be prepared, itā€™s part of living in the area I suppose.

1 Like

Where are you located?

The only earthquake Iā€™ve ever been in was the one that damaged the Washington Monument several years back. It was rumbly and right before my cat Smokette died. I was indoors, people I knew who were outdoors say they could see tall buildings sway.

EDIT: Nevermind, I read the thread, you live in CA? I looked up Ukiah. I am in Oakland right now and am waiting for my first CA quake.

1 Like

Iā€™m located 90 miles north of San Francisco. The San Andreas fault line runs right under us. We checked the USGS website and the epicenter of the quake was a mile from our house, thatā€™s why we felt it so much. I mean it shook good for such a small quake. Scared me to death.

1 Like

How are you liking California by the way?

1 Like

Weā€™re not too far from each other then. Iā€™m glad youā€™re safe and everythingā€™s good. We donā€™t have any expensive china propped up on display or anything so I think the worst that would happen if we felt one here would be some pictures falling down.

Oh CA is expensive but otherwise great! I love the weather, and Iā€™ve met some really nice people and been in some great food places. Recently went to hear a friend play at a place called Artichoke Pizza (weird name), and they had the most incredible pizza Iā€™d had in quite awhile.

Itā€™s much more city-life ish than the suburbs back in Virginia. Lots of places to go! I am trying to work up courage to go to a local meetup.

1 Like

Sounds like itā€™s good then, especially the pizza. Iā€™m trying to be on a diet but pizza sounds real good right now. sigh.

1 Like

The area of Cobb Mountain and the Geysers has a lot of geothermal and seismic activity. We have earthquakes often on this side. Your all so close it is really encouraging. And youā€™re all regulars on this forum! That is so neat to have a local thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.