scared the crap out of us

2 Likes

my heart’s still racing

2 Likes

How big? Did it do any damage?

1 Like

Is everyone okay?

1 Like

3.2 it shook the house pretty good for just a 3.2 though, no damage except my heart racing

2 Likes

yes, we’re ok, I can’t believe how fast it was, no rolling, just a real quick, abrupt one

1 Like

Sometimes when those things hit, they’ll sound like a clap of thunder from shaking the house.
Yeah, they don’t give you much time to think.

Many people from outside of California are scared to move here because they’re afraid of earthquakes. I would rather live here and be jolted a little once every two years than live in the Midwest and face 15,000 tornados each year or live on the East coast and have hurricanes each year that pretty much destroy everything in their path and leave the area devastated for years afterward. No thanks.

1 Like

Hope you’re okay @Leaf

Whereabouts do you live ?

2 Likes

no time, by the time we got into the doorway it was already over

1 Like

yea, we’re ok, just shook up. We live 90 miles from San Francisco

2 Likes

F-ck eh.

The worst dreams I’ve ever had were massive earthquakes and tsunamis.

Gotta stop watching too many end of the world movies.

2 Likes

we are a mile from the epicenter of the quake

2 Likes

Take care of yourself eh. Musta been really scary.

1 Like

Hey, we’re neighbors! I think you posted that before though.

1 Like

are you in south bay? I’m in Ukiah

1 Like

Yes, I live in Santa Clara Valley. Otherwise known as Silicon Valley. I’ve heard of Ukiah of course.

1 Like

well the san andreas is active keep your shoes by your bed

2 Likes
1 Like

In the 1960’s there were many predictions that a huge earthquake was going to happen on the San Andreas fault that would make half of California slip into the ocean. Many people believed this and it actually scared many people. Some scientists even gave the exact day this was supposed to happen. When that day arrived a bunch of hippies with crowbars went to the San Andreas fault and tried to pry it apart, lol. Leave it to the hippies.

3 Likes

I remember growing up hearing that California was going to slide off into the ocean due to a huge quake. I’ve always been afraid of earthquakes, been through quite a few growing up in the bay area but nothing compares to the Loma Prieta quake back in '89, that one hit and kept on rolling. Scary.

1 Like