We Had My Maamaa's (Acadian for Grandmother) Funeral Today

We had a nice mass and everyone was there. We drove to the cemetery. My 14 year old brother cried hard. It was hard to watch. At least everyone was there for Paapaa. I worry about him being alone though.

I rode there and home with my step mom. I’m glad I could be there for her.

We arrived in New Iberia two days ago and gathered with the rest of the family. It was nice seeing everyone, but the circumstances were sad. I’m glad I had the opportunity to help out. I helped to clean the kitchen one night.

6 Likes

I’m sorry about your grandma’s passing. I hope your grandpa will have the comfort of family with him. It sounds like you’re being such a help and support. I’m sure that means a lot to your family. God bless :heart:

Im sorry for your loss @metime :heart_decoration:

1 Like

Thank you @Hedgehog

Thank you @Wave :heart:

1 Like

I’m sorry your maamaa died. I just lost my step dad so I am still sad too. I hope your paapaa finds a way to cope.

1 Like

I wish you both the best. Sorry to hear this

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your grandma passing. My Dad died three years ago this August and I still miss him. It sounds like you have a close knit family.

1 Like

@Jukebox Thank you friend.

Thank you both @Mechanical and @GregSLBauder

We are pretty close.

Also, I need to apologize for my shenanigans these past weeks. I didn’t respond well to her being hospitalized. She had cancer of the blood and had many blood transfusions. It has been a rough few months.

We understand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss @metime :heart:

1 Like

I’m sorry you lost your maamaa @metime

1 Like

Hope your maamaa rests in peace in heaven, metime. Take care.

1 Like

Thank you everyone.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss @metime

1 Like