Ways to quit smoking. A poll

• Cold turkey
  • Lozenges
  • Mist
  • Patch

0 voters

Gum and meds are both not options

1 Like

im having success cold turkey. I haven’t smoked in 15 days now. it was easy during vacation because we were always going somewhere and eating good food. I didn’t even have any urges. usually the trouble is now that im home I do get bored, and a cigarette helps get me outside and gives my day a break.

I plan to eat a lot during these next couple months instead of smoking. I’ve read it takes about 3 months before you can say you’ve successfully quit.

1 Like

I quit for 3 months once and all I used was halls throat lozenges. No nicotine but took the edge off

1 Like

Try the patch and the lozenges together, maybe that will work. It got me off cigarettes. Even though I’m still using the lozenges. But I haven’t had a cigarette in months and don’t even want one at all.

1 Like

I’m not a smoker but I’m addicted to food and the only way I could cut it out was cold turkey (no added sugar etc)

I think it’s maybe the same with smoking.

1 Like

I slowly weaned myself off cigarettes and it worked like a charm when nothing else did. Let me know if you want to know how I did it

2 Likes

I suddenly stopped smoking cold turkey years ago.
Never went back.

1 Like

I wasn’t a heavy smoker, but I quit cold turkey. Also, moving back in with my parents helped me quit – they literally wouldn’t allow me to live here and be a smoker lol so it was either quit, or be homeless. I stopped smoking real fast.

1 Like

I’d like to know

1 Like

:slight_smile: What I did was on day 1, I smoked as much as I wanted to but counted the number of cigarettes I smoked. Then the next 4 days I smoked one less cigarette. Then the next 4 days 1 more less and so on until I had my last cigarette. Also, half way through I switched from regular cigarettes to light ones. I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been cutting back a bit

1 Like

Champix/chantix…specific pills that target your nicotine receptors. Get from gp. Some people have a hard time on it but it’s so easy and effective.

1 Like

I couldn’t take Chantix because it causes nightmares and I have CPTSD. Not a good combo.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.