Wave of Light

Today, October 15th, is pregnancy and infant loss awareness day and the worldwide Wave of Light from 7-8pm (local time, to create a wave across the world) to remember all the babies that didn’t survive. Please consider lighting a candle at 7pm and send some love to your friends and family that have lost a baby. :heart::broken_heart:

12 Likes

It doesn’t matter how many years pass it still hurts.

1 Like

I’ll be thinking of you and the many others.

1 Like

@LED I am so sorry you lost your baby…so sad…I will be thinking of you tonight.

1 Like

Thank you. I lost 1 baby to stillbirth and 9 babies to miscarriage. It’s definitely a really difficult thing to go through. Sometimes I feel like I’m right back there in the hospital hearing the news. It’s been almost 13 years since I lost my first son and it still feels like yesterday sometimes.

2 Likes

That breaks my heart! :broken_heart:
I lost one baby 31 years ago and it still hurts.
((Hugs))

2 Likes

When I was 21 I had to abort an almost 5 month old fetus that had died and I had a ruptured tubal pregnancy right before I had my daughter. I only had one fallopian tube left when I got pregnant with both of my children, they are my miracle babies.

1 Like

I’m so so sorry. My son died at 7 months and it was brutal. I got to hold him for about 2 hours before they took him away and I wish every day I had more time with him.

1 Like

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t think of anything more painful.

1 Like

I’m having a lot of feelings right now. My twins were due October 15th, 2014. So on top of today being remembrance day, I always think about my twins, too. I wasn’t pregnant with them very long. Only 9 weeks. But I let myself get so excited when I was pregnant with them that it really hurt even more when I lost them.

1 Like

OMG you have just traumatic losses. I wasn’t far along when I miscarried and it was traumatic enough. I couldn’t imagine the pain you’ve experienced so many times. How traumatic. I feel horrible for you. Hugs hugs and hugs. :two_hearts:

1 Like

I’m sorry @LED.
Hugs)))

1 Like

I’m so sorry for you loss.
I don’t have any real candles, but I have some LED candles I got for christmas a few years ago.
I’ll try to remember to light those at 7pm.

I lost a child to miscarriage, and although I wasn’t very far along, I went through a range of emotions from self-blame to depression.

1 Like

Yes. That happens to me. I think it will hurt me for the rest of my life.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.