Water Weight

I got weighed by the nurse today. I’m on a super strict diet and yet I gained a pound. I was really upset. But she checked my food journal and found that I’ve eaten tuna as my protein the last 4 days. Apparently it’s high in sodium. I’m holding water weight. No more tuna for me!

6 Likes

A pound is no big deal, don’t obsess over it. Me, I’ve got like 80 lbs of taco weight. More of an issue.

:blush:

5 Likes

@velociraptor Lol!!! 1515151515

1 Like

If only I had 80 lbs of wind. One good fart and I’d be slim again.

2 Likes

I hold a lot of water due to lithium :frowning:
I look like I lost weight but the number won’t go down…don’t be discouraged.

1 Like

Hilarious @firemonkey!!!

I didn’t know that about lithium. But it totally makes sense.

Lithium’s basically one big salt bomb :joy:

Yeah. I just never put that together somehow.

Don’t be discouraged @ZmaGal.
Our weight naturally fluctuates up and down by a couple of pounds.
I lost like 3 pounds but gained it back.

I’m still continuing to stick with my “diet”

1 Like

Water weight doesn’t count. If it bothers you don’t eat the tuna though I doubt you’ll find stuff without salt in it.

@wayward
How long did it take you to gain weight on Lithium? I’ve only been on it for weeks, but my clothes are tight. I don’t feel like I’m eating more than normal.

Sometimes you can be eating the right amount of calories to lose weight and not lose weight for a while. It’s called a plateau. The body works in mysterious ways.

@Wave
@ZmaGal
What diets are you on? My psychiatrist wants me to go Keto

Like @velociraptor said, a pound is no big deal. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Food that is canned is usually high in salt content. If that’s an issue maybe avoid canned food as much as possible.

When I first started meds I was put on Latuda and lithium and I noticed weight gain right away; then again, I had anorexia at the time and my body reacted harshly to the meds.
In total, I gained about 90lbs.
Of course, my case is uncommon because of the eating disorder complicating it and being new to meds.

I’m doing a dr supervised diet. I get 4 protein supplements and one protein supplement bar every day. I get one serving of fruit, 1 serving of regular food protein like meat or eggs, and two vegetable servings per day

1 Like

Mine is similar to yours. I’ve been gaining weight, though. I’m freaking out about it.

1 Like

I’m counting my calories, not exceeding 2000 calories per day.

I’m also eating less carbs.

Nothing too restrictive @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter.

1 Like

Okay. Thank you all! I am also on the Latuda-Lithium combination. I wasn’t this heavy ever before, even 9 months pregnant!

1 Like