Water crisis

Here in Cape Town we are experiencing apparently the worst drought ever. I can’t believe it that it’s gotten so bad that the government is threatening to cut off our water in April and force us to queue for 25litres of water daily. Can you believe it? It’s f***ing crazy! I’m so terribly worried about it, where is the end in sight? And it’s summer so it’s dry season now, the rain is only expected in April. I feel so angry that the government has left it so long and let us use up the water and now they want to cut off the water. I don’t know how life is going to be like for us. The other cities up country are OK it’s only us. It’s not f***ing fair. Why don’t they use sea water thru our taps or something instead of cutting it off??? Where are these people’s brains??? I’m outraged and really worried.

Be grateful for your water guys! You are lucky.

5 Likes

I had this idea that we should try to get wealthy philanthropists to offer a billion dollar prize to anyone who can find a cost effective way to desalinate sea water. (By “cost effective” I mean competitive with the watershed in temperate climates.) It wouldn’t help with your current crisis, but it could prevent similar problems in the future. In the meantime, get everything that you have that holds water and try to weather this drought.

I’m so sorry this is going on.

I am also very anxious about your situation there. I’m really sorry that you have to go through this.

Yep it sux.

currently i think we only allowed 50 litres a day !! per person.

I saw a news story about this. That is really worrying. We have had droughts in California, but nowhere near as severe as that.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.