Watch Live as SpaceX Attempts Its First Direct Launch to the Moon

6 Likes

That’s so cool…

2 Likes

Yea, crazy you can see everything before launch, launch, etc reaching space at 6000kmh then parts detaching etc

2 Likes

Cool.

I would launch a rocket too but Kerbal Space Program is harder than it looks even with tutorials.

2 Likes

gr9eb04-gd-0007

1 Like

Looking past the fact that Musk (and pretty much everyone in his family) has proven himself to be a Grade A Schmuck, he’s done a lot to shake up industries that were essentially controlled by the government (NASA) and large monopoly-type corporations (basically all of the automotive industry).

He has the capital— both financial as well as human— to get things done, and he’s gotta be somewhat intelligent to accomplish what he has so far, right?

I can appreciate the ingenuity and the vision.

But what are the potential ramifications of giving a billionaire unrestricted access to space exploration?

Like, nobody really owns space. Space is one of the final frontiers that we’re aware of— and it’s one that humans haven’t fuucked up… Yet.

Giving some rich dude the green light to launch rockets and stuff up there without any semblance of checks and balances or regulations is just plain wild to me.

The sky is not the limit— money is.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.