Was high school a positive situation or a negative situation

I didn’t like high school… I went to a all female school. I had a few friends who made the days seem not so bad… I was severely depressed in high school… this was during the time my mom left. That’s when I started self harming. Didn’t have a good relationship with my dad… lost our house during high school too… had to move to a new place… was teased by the guys there…

1 Like

Yeah, I was severely depressed as well.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t share the details…but I got bullied my freshman year. That is why I got social phobia. It was interesting, because the bullying happened at John Edwards house(a former Presidential Candidate for the Democrat Party)…His son was my age. Also I still played soccer even though I didn’t eat lunch.

@Jake

“The first-line treatment for social anxiety disorder is cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) with medications such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) used only in those who are not interested in therapy.”

High school was okay. I went to a more poor HS in grade 8 and didn’t have a good time. Then went to a more upscale HS for the rest, and had a better time. Wasn’t bullied at all. I was tall too so people didn’t really try to pick fights.

In grade 7 and 8 I didn’t eat lunch because I felt self conscious… thought people were watching me… my dad was strict so didn’t really do sleep overs or go by friend’s houses… so i felt left out… I only went to one sleep over in 9th grade I think… sorry you were bullied.

1 Like

For me, high school itself was just ok — the partying was so much fun, I dropped out and got my GED then started working, eventually I did some college but couldn’t focus, then my Schizophrenia kicked in…

1 Like

Sorry for not explaining…I got verbally bullied by a group of guys. That’s even worse than one bully.

My best years in life were in college, lots of true friends, high grades, etc University I had schizophrenia right after the first semester which destroyed my good grades and social life.

@Jake I also didn’t eat lunch at school - my whole time at high school (five years). My anxiety was too severe. I became depressed and started having mood swings towards my last three years of high school. I heard voices as well but didn’t know what they were. It was scary.

Fortunately I wasn’t bullied at all. People left me alone - I was the weirdo who helped others in art class and with homework

1 Like

I was in choir, drama and I played tennis. On the weekends my brother, my classmates, some older friends and I would all dress up and reenact the Rocky Horror Picture Show in front of the theater where it played. I never did any school work except for creative writing. I graduated by exam when I was 15. After that I used to go back and hang out at lunchtime in the smoking section playing my guitar and singing for the younger kids who all thought I was some kind of Goddess for getting out of there so young. I don’t know if that’s positive or negative. It seemed pretty fun at the time.

1 Like

Highschool was an escape for me, a couple sports and clubs to get away from the place I lived.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.