Was feeling really anxious. After drinking half a litre of ice cold water I felt a bit better

Not sure if it’s just placebo but it is notable

3 Likes

Hey, if a placebo works for me I want it! No side effects, no chemicals! Sounds great! But I don’t feel that way about psych meds because I may think I’m ok but not be.

1 Like

Ice is a really good way to calm down! I put it on the back of my head, or on my forehead, but it makes sense that drinking it would help, too. It cools down your brain and reduces activity in the area. I would imagine drinking it also helps slow down the rest of your body’s autonomic nervous system, too. Your whole body gets hotter during a panic attack. Cooling it down helps.

1 Like
2 Likes

Weighted blankets are awesome for people with sensory issues, unless they’re claustrophobic. I hate them because I feel like I’m suffocating.

1 Like

When I start feeling like nothing is real/ coupled with anxiety, I take freezing cold showers. Cold benefits me too. My one therapist said he was into working out and instead of coffee/tea he drinks an ice cold glass of water. I would like to do that but I get so much fatigue and lack of concentration that I need the caffeine

2 Likes

That would be perfect for me. I’m gonna look into this.

i’m going to try cold water and ice water. Thanks for the mention. I’m glad it helps you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.