Wanting to Scream Out

I just want to ■■■■■■■ yell out to the world that I’m SZA and have nobody treat me differently and know I’m struggling just like everyone else and am trying to work on being a better person. I’m tired of stigma. I recently talked to a friend in a calm non psychotic way about what happens to me and it felt really amazing. I’m just too scared to say anything about myself unless someone talks about their struggles as well. I know it’s not who I am, but it’s something I have to live with and part of me just wants to get it out there to people I feel comfortable around.

1 Like

Have you considered writing a blog or making a you tube chanel? Maybe there are some NGO’s in your area - those folks usually work on breaking the stigma of various conditions and groups.
I agree that an “illness talk” is not always appropriate, not just because some people are ignorant, but sometimes because they don’t really know what to say.

1 Like

I usually have no problem talking about my illness because I live in an assisted living center, and I don’t have to worry about getting a job and supporting myself. We go to town as a group, and people know we come from an assisted living center. If I had to function out in the community I would probably be much more inhibited about talking about my circumstances.