Wanting to fight while psychotic

Does anyone here get aggressive when they are psychotic? I almost tried to take on three teenagers in my town last time I went crazy. It was at a 7/11 and I think I thought that they were there to hurt me.anyway if the biggest kid hadn’t backed down I really think I might have attacked his crew.
They say that we are harmless so what was that, mania? Or are we really not as harmless as they say?

2 Likes

We are as harmful as we let ourselves be, which hopefully, gets suppressed by our sense of responsibility, and our respect for life.
If you need to fight and destroy things, try a video game instead.

2 Likes

Existence is a set of imaginary different problems and also a set of imaginary different solutions. Hell is nothing, but imagination that can’t point out the set of problems and, solve them too. Heaven is nothing, but everything.

.- Sagar Gorijala.

Hell is nothing, but imagination that can’t point out the set of problems and, solve them too.

Hell is nothing, but imagination that can’t point out the set of problems and, solve them too.

That is what your and mine ---- aggression ---- takes us to.

I was in Hell time and again.

Repetition does not drive it in further.

2 Likes

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

But repetition is like emphasizing it.

Makes me think of this… :smile:

Imgur

4 Likes

Who says we’re harmless? I don’t think that 's a widespread consensus. Our rate of violence is lower than “normal” people but that doesn’t mean we don’t get mad. We are allowed to get angry and we are allowed to defend ourselves and our loved ones.

The dangerous people with schizophrenia are the people who don’t take medication, or they had a history of violence before they got sick or schizophrenics who drink or do drugs. Those people have a more propensity to become violent. But even then, it doesn’t mean everybody who doesn’t take medication is going to get violent. Or that everybody who uses drugs is going to get violent. It just means they are more likely to get violent than people with schizophrenia who take their meds and abstain from drugs.

3 Likes

I got kinda aggressive and tried to fight people a couple of times while psychotic. Thing was is that no one was ever there. In my mind at the time I thought they ran away from me. That was why I didn’t see them. I think I am way more passive now because my hormones are out of why due to the medication.

1 Like

I don’t have those feelings hardly ever. I am more afraid of hurting myself than other people. I would defend myself if attacked but I don’t have thoughts of attacking people. I suppose it depends on the nature of your psychosis.

probably the high dopamine causes that

1 Like

I was on fire with thoughts of protecting myself walking at night to and from my car in the parking lot. carried a knife…thank God I didn’t stab someone. I was scared out of my wits. The next morning it was like a bad dream and I was stable a day or so more before unraveling in reality on the weekend.

1 Like

I try to be a pacifist and a responsible noble buddhist, i do get the urge to tear peoples heads off when feeling psychotic. Like i said i try, and have succeeded so far. I think it stems from my paranoia and thinking people are staring at me giving me looks or being disrespectful to me or my wife in particular. She has to calm me down at times. Last time i was in the ER i was freaking out and wanted to fight everybody, prob 6 months ago. That was the worst ive felt it ever i think. She really had to work to keep me level headed which i managed to remain although i remember being furious and yelling at people that were probably just walking by glancing in my direction. It was a difficult day with huge stressors and a big blackout where i lost a few hours before she took me in. I stayed, calmed down, talked to the doctor and social worker and they released me. My probation officer forced me to go to ER because i blacked out and missed a meeting with him and threatened putting a warrant out for me if i didnt have a record of going into the hospital. That probably escalated the whole matter. Was a bad day overall for me and set me back a bit.

1 Like

With my last Psychotic Break, I became a danger towards a certain close family member in particular.
I honestly thought that he was going to kill me so I was trying to defend myself.
Thank goodness I was Involuntarily Committed.

2 Likes

That is simply awesome. Sooooo… awesome.

Yes aggression , there’s only so far uncontrolled symptoms can push someone, before they will either harm you or others. That’s why people need to either take meds, or get their symptoms under control.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s mania or psychosis. When my moods cycle upward I get really loving and super religious. I think even those prone to depression can get into altercations. But I nearly filleted my roommate when paranoid so this whole MI business is nasty no matter what.

I think every human on this planet is prone to violence to some degree. It’s the quiet normies who worry me.

1 Like

when I’m psychotic, I leave.

I don’t fight because cops.

1 Like

Its a spectrum condition…so you would expect a similarly wide range of emotions to be expressed when psychotic…I think my DID puts me in my own world when i start to get psychotic… where there is no one else…nothing but darkness… Being angry at nothing is pointless… Im usually calm looking on the outside but this is a mask…

It sounds like your aggression is defensive…you thought they wanted to hurt you and you felt like you needed to defend yourself…which is better than flat out aggression… But still needs to be addressed and put in check…

Learn about threat assessment… I do this to make it out in public without freaking out… In a glance I place a number on people ranking how high or low their threat level is…very rarely will someone rank high I just avoid them… This calms me down a lot…whether the numbers I give are accurate or not doesn’t matter I believe their close… Threat assessment might be helpful…it may not solve the problem…but if it sticks you won’t accidently beat the ■■■■ out if some kids or an old lady…

2 Likes

I also do threat assessment all the time in public it makes me feel very low when I have to assign a value to a two year old or a granny in a wheelchair though. But it has kept me out of hot water and I still feel it’s a good practice.

1 Like

Don’t feel low… Its a good indicator on sanity…you should know something is wrong if small children are viewed as high threats… So really threat assessment is a tool to reinforce normal thought process about others…and it can tell you whether your losing your ■■■■ or not…

3 Likes