Walmart unveils low-price insulin as more patients with diabetes struggle to pay for the drug

1 Like

Well it’s nice of Walmart to do something to help. Can’t say anything about the politics though I have my opinions about the high cost of drugs. It’s really bad. Last Summer the price of Abilify came down so I could afford it finally. Abilify has been around since 2001 I think. There’s no way I could try Rexulti. It’s too expensive.

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate we have to gamble health/ vs money when there are ample other treatments already available out there.

I hope for the ‘public option,’ which should put private insurers out of biz

2 Likes

Insulin should be cheap, it was discovered like 100 years ago, there is no reason why it shouldn’t be cheap.

It sucks that some meds are so expensive, but I also understand it costs money to develop them, pay all the researchers, and then have lots of money left over to invest in the research of new drugs.

My doctor suggested a new drug called Dayvigo for sleep. It’s suppose to be revolutionary compared to older sleep meds because it improves REM sleep instead of screwing up your sleep architecture like other sleeping pills do. But apparently dependency is a concern and it costs like $300/month. I can’t afford that and I don’t want to become dependent on a pill that costs so much. The patent doesn’t run out until 2035 so it will be a long time until cheap generics are available.

1 Like

You know the pharmaceutical business is corrupt when Walmart saves the day lol

2 Likes