Waiting on diagnosis

Hi I’m 38 married w female manic depressive bipolar having delusions am unable to think properly or want to do anything have an apt in November to see someone. nothing has ever helped me and finally think ive found the answer but have questions like what if you don’t hear voices I do not all I have is delusions, thinking people are the devil and they want to harm me

like what if you don’t hear voices

I’m diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and don’t hear voices.

Good luck with the appointment, I hope you get some clarity.

And welcome to the forum :sunny:

1 Like

thank you very much for the response, it makes me feel a lot better. Maybe I am not as stupid as I feel. its very much appreciated

1 Like

You don’t need to hear voices to have schizophrenia. In fact, you don’t need to hallucinate at all as long as you have delusions. Good luck with your appointment!

3 Likes

thank you for your response, I do have one other question, If they think this is my diagnosis will they hospitalize me or just try to start treating me Ive had lots of issues with self medicating for years

That depends on what the normal practice is where you live and whether or not you are a danger to yourself or others. If they think you are a danger to yourself or others, they will hospitalize you. If not they may very well just put you on medications and give you follow-up appointments.

3 Likes

ok thank you again, your information was very helpful

1 Like

My only symptom is a delusion too. Well, I have internal voices so I suppose that counts but I definitely never hear anything or see anything. They don’t know if I have schizophrenia or delusional disorder but the treatment for the symptoms is the same regardless. The dx is not going to affect how they treat your symptoms. Good luck