Home, About, Contact Us, FAQ

Vraylar weight gain

Has anyone gained weight on vraylar?

I don’t know; I’m scared to weigh myself. I’ve been majorly binge eating at night on it.

I told my pdoc that I don’t like Vraylar today. I’m having this and other side effects that I think are because of it. She said I could go off of it. I am a little worried though. I think the bipolar aspect of my sza has been more controlled on it. I feel more stable. I don’t want to go back and forth between depression/ mania like I was before. I asked my husband if I seem better, and he said that the only thing he’s noticed is that I’m being really rough on myself about everything I perceive as a flaw or mistake I make. I didn’t realize I was doing it, but thinking about it, I can see that. My hallucinations are worse, though. Really bad. My daughter is on it for bipolar, and she says it works for her. How is it working for you?

I’m not on it. I’ve sworn off all atypicals, but this one makes me curious. But i worry about the weight gain, which is my problem with all atypicals.

Saphris has been GREAT about no weight gain. I’ve been on it for years with no issues. In fact, I lost over 90 lbs. on it without exercising or changing my diet. Don’t know how it happened, just lost the weight. Not saying that the Saphris did it- I don’t think it did. It just didn’t hinder it.

OMG Saphris was the absolute WORST for weight gain for me! I gained 100 lbs in 6 months!

Really?! Hmmm… Well, whatever the reason, I am now gaining weight again. 20 lbs. in a year.

And I was on a consistent 1200-1500 calorie a day diet, so it’s not even like I was just eating way too much.

Yikes. That sucks so bad. I know how it is. I have gotten up to about 250 lbs. twice. Luckily, I am tall, so it’s not as bad as it could be, but it’s still bad. Both times, I lost the weight spontaneously, then gained it back just the same. I don’t know why.