Voyeurism on here

IDK. Is there like a voyeurism aspect type thing going on with lurkers? It struck me yesterday that there’s all these people who read all this personal stuff but don’t answer or say what they think. It hasn’t made me self-conscious but I could see how it could. If I wanted to be paranoid I would say that maybe lurkers might get a perverse pleasure from our downfalls or our mistakes. You can’t really control that but it did cross my mind.

2 Likes

This why I dont post often, plus I get slammed alot.

1 Like

I don’t think we’re that interesting to people who don’t us

2 Likes

Some people on here are very interesting. And reveal very interesting stuff.

1 Like

I think the lurkers are mostly people with psychosis who are afraid to post publicly.

3 Likes

what I miss is the old ‘unusual belief’ forum. Now the posts have to fit. in the category helpful toward recovery. You leave out a lot.of variety that way.

2 Likes

I lurked for a long time. I was afraid to post. Too paranoid. Then when I did post something I would edit it or try to delete it.

The first time I tried to edit a post and couldn’t I freaked out and thought it was the government. I didn’t realize there was a time limit on how long you had to edit.

I still delete things occasionally but I didn’t notice that option when I first got here. Just the edit option. But I have noticed you can only delete one post every 24 hours. I have tried doing it more often than that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.