Volunteer interview tomorrow

I’ll be chatting to an old charity i use to support about doing some admin for them, its really handy bc its nearby, its for carers.

8 Likes

Best of luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

thanks, i’m seeing my p/doc too later on, i need to ask him if the blue badge thing is ok

1 Like

Good luck with the blue badge thing too.

1 Like

Hope you got the position @Resilient1. What’s blue badge?

I volunteered for 15 months at a community house. I got awesome references that led to paid employment. It was a long slog but worth it.

1 Like

Yeah good luck. Sounds a worthwhile thing to be doing.

1 Like

thanks phoebe, i also volunteer at a community clubhouse, i’m involved with things like the newsletter, seasonal magazine, radio and other stuff.

its a scheme that has now become available to people with hidden illnesses including mental health, means i can park more easily.

thanks rogueone

1 Like

things went pretty good at the interview this morning, an older social work student sat in on it and i was asked questions such as what i’d like to do for the organisation, so i said i’d like to do whatever they have but i’m not keen on stuffing envelopes, i said i’d like to use my skills as a peer support worker that i have learned recently, so it went pretty good, and only lasted about 20mins

1 Like

well done, hope they have some interesting work to offer you. let us know how you go.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.