Voices want me dead

Even with good mood, I still hear them.
It’s a vicious cycle: bad voices bring bad mood,
bad mood brings bad voices.

The voices are electrical signals misfiring in the brain. They can be seen in MRI scanner, so yes they are real in that tiny electrical signals can be seen ‘hearing things’ in the part of the brain that does this.

What I mean is that applying some form of cognitive meaning to the electrical signals misfiring is the mistake you may make when you attribute the voices a personaliy, name or person.

The voices are real in that you can physically measure them and hear them as audible sound, but as Gods, demons etc is not real.

You believe in such things so the notion of there being aliens, gods demons are your thoughts and are processed in sound. If you no longer believed in such things, then the voices will change to accommodate this.

1 Like

Good morning guys!

2 Likes

Good morning @Om_Sadasiva !

Looks like we’re both up early,

1 Like

Hey, Jonathan.
I woke up early because i had a blood test
for clozapine. You?

1 Like

I’m doing an attempt to quit the low dose of clozapine I take for sleep. Hence, I’m up early.

I haven’t had a blood test for clozapine in years. I don’t think they do it here because I only take a very low dose.

How did it go?

1 Like

My voices have been wrong about everything for three decades. They are either not real (my opinion) or they are so stupid and useless they should be ignored anyhow. Either way, don’t waste your energy on them.

3 Likes

I will get the results in the afternoon.
What’s your clozapine dose?

1 Like

Yeah, mine also predict wrong things.
They must be stupid

1 Like

I was taking 25 mg. The most I have been on is 400 mg. I don’t like the drug. I think it’s bad for my heart.

1 Like

I take 300mg. I have no problem.
Last time i had blood test,
I had high blood cells.
We’ll see today.

1 Like

I was on higher doses dizzy and had a high heartbeat.

I’m glad you don’t have any cardiac side effects.

1 Like

I’ve had stupid and intelligent voices. It’s a mix up of good and bad.

1 Like

I also have high heartbeat, but i didn’t know
it could be due to clozapine

1 Like

how long have you been on clozapine?

Me? 3 years, i think

1 Like

Are you staying on it?

1 Like

Yes. Have you taken clozapine?

1 Like

Yes for a year then i went onto abilify because clozapine made me wooden and zombie

Im on clopixol which helps but makes me fat but id rather be fat tha n without it

1 Like

This is a very nice thread. For some people, practicing positive affirmations can bring about a gradual change in the subconscious thoughts. Author Louise Hay has a website that should have a lot of affirmations.

How about believing that the voices are insane or that they are like pestery little children. Does it help to have a couple radios or TVs each on a different channel, so that none actually catch your full attention because there are so many then? Are the voices worse when motor noise is running, like fans, refrigerators, air purifiers, furnaces, air conditioners, heaters, built-in laptop fans, vehicle engines idling, etc…? Have you ever listened to the music genre electric noise to see if it helps? Not sure when I’ll be back but am trying to get familiar with this website.

1 Like