Voices Tell Me Compliments Are Lies

They say not to believe anyone who compliments me. Anyone else have such mean voices?

1 Like

It’s the voices’ job to ruin your frame into nothing, so they can control you better. Just ignore them as best you can.

4 Likes

What techniques have you used to ignore your voices?

I rely on my treatments.

Haldol 2 mg, Daily Essential Nutrients, and Amyloban 3399.

I tried stopping Haldol 3 days ago and it was so bad. So I’m going to stick with it for life, it seems.

1 Like

Good advice to stick with the treatment plan.

1 Like

They tell me the same that iam in a dream world and ever ones being fake and wants me dead

2 Likes

Mine have a habit of insulting me with insults that begin with “ha-ha.” Like “ha-ha, you’re ugly” or stuff like that when they’re being mean.

1 Like

Mine do the same thing. I always defend myself but they always have a clever answer that they think proves their point.

2 Likes

Same here 141414

1 Like

…getting repeatedly lied to worsens the disorganized thinking seen in schizophrenia…fight back with a corresponding truth…you may ask them if THEY believe anyone who compliments them…

2 Likes

Good idea, @bozayo!

When I’m unmedicated mine just call me single word slurs and mumble unintelligible nonsense. I often think the people around me in public are calling me those slurs. It’s a good thing I’m shy as I never confronted anyone. Work with your doctor if you can to get rid of the voices. I still have them but can’t tell what they are saying and that is good enough for me.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Air. I just started a new med, so I’ll see how that goes.

1 Like

I don’t get voices telling me compliments are not real, but my paranoia does. I just can’t believe I’m a good person.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, @anon4362788.

1 Like

Maybe you could say to your voices “What do you know?” “You’re stupid” “You know nothing about real life” “You suck” “I’m better than you”. Discredit your voices. Don’t give them any power. If they’re yelling at you just tell them they’re stupid.

2 Likes

I’ll try that! Good plan, @crimby! They definitely suck and need to be discredited.

1 Like

My voices are relentlessly cruel, 24/7. They fat shame me, call me ugly, and tell me they’re streaming me live to Instagram as @fatgirl(whatever I happen to be doing at the moment) and that they have tons of followers who are always making fun of me. I believe there are cameras all over the house and they are always watching me, making fun of everything I do. They often have groups of people over and all just torment me for hours. That’s just the start of it…but, to answer your question, yes, mine are also mean and it really has ruined my self esteem and taken my insecurity to new lows.

It’s so difficult, but try not to let it bother you. I used to cry on a daily basis it would hurt my feelings so badly, but after awhile, I got used to it and realized that what they say doesn’t matter. My self esteem is still terribly low and I believe everything they tell me about myself, but I’ve learned to just accept it and move on. The more you let it bother you, the more they will insult you because they’re looking for ways to bring you down and make you feel bad about yourself. If you don’t react, they’ll eventually lose interest somewhat and find other things to criticize about. Focus on your breathing and try to tune them out the best you can. Remember that their opinions don’t matter.

2 Likes

Hi @jenn. Sorry to hear your voices are so cruel. They sound similar to mine because mine are constantly calling me ugly and laughing at me. My voices are also relentlessly cruel 24/7. I sometimes believe some of what the voices tell me and sometimes not, but I think it’s best if we don’t believe them. Believe what real people tell you. Voices definitely can’t do anything to you via social media. I agree that their opinions don’t matter.

1 Like

Look up @fatgirl on Instagram to prove to yourself that they’re lying to you.

1 Like