Voices punish me

it happens to me alot
but i am coping
coping mean not free from punishment and i go on despite that
even if i talk somewhat they may punish me
is this common in our illness ?
or i hv strange symptom

2 Likes

i think it’s common yea… voices punished me a lot too. and they always tried me to do things so that i got more isolated and when i didn’t they would punish me.

2 Likes

The voices tortured me for basically anything.

1 Like

so what is the best ?
to deal with that symptom ?
avoid punishment or break their control

1 Like

yea meds for me helped… they made the voices go away. what the best is to deal with the symptom i’m not sure but i always tried to drown the voices away with keeping my mind busy with all sorts of things so that i didn’t have so much time to listen to them.

2 Likes

yh
“not listening to them”
me listen to them alot
also i think
when i am talk about my life
this trigger them alot to punish me
sometime they punish me when i do nothing it is agony

1 Like

yea i listened to them a lot too… so it’s hard to say for me what is right way to battle them. They are powerful huh… it’s hard to ignore them.

1 Like

they see spies dont talk about their life
they want me do that too
then punish me for being spy

1 Like

Normies will often tell schizophreniacs to “simply ignore the voices”. Anyone with a mildly severe case know that it is not easy.

In truly severe cases the only option I believe is medication. A victim cannot be relied on to, as they say, “just do it”.

I myself only managed to avoid “punishments” or prevent myself from drastic reactions by self-brainwashing. Alternatively one may call it grounding exercises. What I did exactly is constantly, every dozen minutes, tell myself that my visions are not real. They look real, they sound real, they feel real, but this is all just my imagination. It is an illness, like tuberculosis or broken arm. I told myself that again and again, drilling this notion into my head. Eventually I did a little “ritual” by making a likeness of my main “tormentor” in a video game, and then killing that character in the game. But that was much after I managed to convince myself in anything.

Honestly, there is no solution. It all boils down to whether an individual’s willpower is greater than the severity of their illness.

3 Likes

thank you
dudette
this helped me alot
i ll imagine them imaginary creatures

My main voice stopped punishing me. So basically I no longer have those problems. I don’t know what to advise, just wait it out, I guess.

1 Like

This is what I continue to experience after 6 years…

You’re not alone! :rainbow:

2 Likes

this symptoms what make me think they r real ppl for long time
i dont think it is common like that

That’s not to say they are not mean. Just no more guilt trips!

Thanks this helps. I wish our messages between us didn’t get deleted.

Sadly it is very common.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.