Schizophrenia.com

Voices basically accuse me of being them

They say they are possessed by me, that I’m a demon, that I have to take meds so they can get rid of me, that I’m following and stalking them, that I’m bullying them, etc.

3 Likes

In my case it’s the opposite

1 Like

Your voices say they are doing all those things to you?

1 Like

The sooner you get way from the fact that voices are supernatural and are merely a reflection of what you expect to hear, the sooner you can get an insight into what you are really feeling and can be used to advance yourself.

1 Like

Yes, they possess me sometimes. Mr Thoughtless especially

1 Like

@Musicdance that seems pretty unique. I’ve never heard of being swapped around the other way

The common denominator seems to be that what the voices say is false

1 Like

Hmm.

Such Interesting Brainwave Function Phenomenon. Ghastly Graveyards & Zombie Dead Walking,

Like A Ghost In The Mirror’s Shadow.

Behave Voices, Be Well Behaved. . . . . . .

Selah!.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve never heard of anyone else with voices that accuse the person of what voices are usually accused of. I like what you say about them being false as a common denominator.

1 Like

I like “like a ghost in the mirror’s shadow.”

Hmm.

Yesss, Indeed @Musicdance. Dance With That Shadow. For It Exist’s Beyond Reasons.

Be It Myth.

Be It Etchings, Carved Within Wild Splendor.

The Meaning Will One Day Understand Freewill.

Selah!.

1 Like

Very poetic, @sleepoptimistic!

Hmm.

I Am Not A Poet.

I Am The Fascination Of The Dreams Of The Sea.

Dreaming Unreasonable Clarity.

In The Days Of All Of Our Tomorrows.

Born In History.

Selah!.

1 Like

Hmm.

Maybe…, Jus Maybe…, The Ghost Of Jim Morrison…, Resides…, In ME (!!!).

Selah!.

1 Like

My voices say they can read my mind

1 Like

What else do your voices say? Conversations?

1 Like

My voices mainly insult me and accuse me of things. I’ve tried to have conversations with them, but they won’t go for it.

1 Like

I’ve had my voices pretend to be people and I am possessing them. It’s a game. I wouldn’t pay it any mind.

I’ve had conversations with mine. It took time though. What do they say when you try to have conversations with them?

1 Like

They just immediately insult me about something unrelated.

2 Likes

I have organized the games the voices play into three categories:

1. Repetition - they will take a single word out of a sentence I have thought or said, and repeat it over and over again. The point seems to be merely to be annoying and distracting

2a. Out of context. They take half of a sentence out of context of how it was intended

2b. Dual meaning. The first example that comes to mind is, when I think to myself “I’m going to lie down on the couch”, they repeat the word lie over and over again, as if to suggest I am a liar. This is how I perceive it anyway. It’s like game 1, but more targeted

1. Eliciting an emotional response. Like if I’m watching a movie and there is a touching moment, they will say “Aaaaahh…” in a mocking fashion. Like all the games they play, extremely childish

I have gotten to the point, where I label and categorize the game they’re playing… I simply say to myself “that’s game 1”, and dismiss it. It allows me to come back to Center much more quickly

1 Like

That’s a great idea to categorize their games. I would say my voices also do 2b and 3, plus some other very mean games.

1 Like