Voice is driving me crazy

Hi,

I haven’t posted on here for a while, but I still read the forums sometimes.

Anyway, the voice I hear in my head is a lot worse lately. It says I’m going to die soon and he is laughing at me because I keep trying to escape/get out of my own death.

Basically there is a voice in my head that says “It’s so funny. It’s just so ■■■■■■■ funny watching you die.” The voice just repeats that over and over and it makes me really scared that I’m going to die soon. The voice says “It’s over. Your life is over. You might as well just die.”

This voice is really ruining my life. Lately I’ve been calling in sick to work because the voice scares me too much. My mom is really angry with me because I keep calling in sick. She wants me to have a job and says that I need to work if I’m going to have a life like normal people.

Any advice? The voice really scares me because never before has it said that I’m going to die soon. This is something new that it says. And the voice has predicted future events before, so I’m really scared that I’m going to die soon.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Try to remember voices can’t actually make predictions. They only know as much as you know – and also the things you’re afraid of. So they can play on your fears, too. But it’s not accurate by any means!

1 Like

so sorry @snowtiger =(

You need to trust it is not true.

I hope it isn’t true.

The voice has predicted my death before. He said I would die on March 4, 2017.

The voice also has told me that I will die at 2:44 pm. That was when I was around 17 years old.

Basically the voice says that he is from the future and that he has “already seen it before.” He says he’s seen my whole life before, and there’s nothing I can do to change any of it at all.

1 Like

When you change your routine because of the voices, it becomes like that “Chinese finger squeezer joke” that you put one finger from each hand into this woven tube and try to pull them out.
The more you pull the tighter the weave gets.
Only solution is to relax the fingers and push inward, releasing it’s grip, and the fingers slide out easily.

Now the voices, when you listen and respond, they will snare you in their loop, effectively paralyzing you with your own thinking.
An endless loop that encompasses more and more of your time and life inside each destructive loop.

Are you going to die like they tell you?
Probably not, if I had a nickel for every time my voices told me I was going to die, I’d be a millionaire by now instead of dead.

Think of it as this way, we are all going to die someday, the thing is, we just don’t know when.

What the voices do that’s no good to us, is make us change our behavior to accommodate their lies…a power trip maybe?

Or maybe only our fear looping rings around our thoughts, and the more you pull, the tighter it gets.

Matters not where it comes from, bottom line is it’s a destructive one way path to go down.
Nothing good ever comes from listening to these voices that are destructive.

Acknowledge the voices with a very middle of the road response, don’t let fear influence your judgement, just simply acknowledge them: respond with something like:
“Oh, okay, thanks for telling me” and then continue on your normal routine, and do not give them anymore of your time or thought.

You must continue going to work, your mom is right, but you have to learn to acknowledge the voices, then push them aside and continue on your normal routine.

Once they get you out of your normal routine, they continue to take your time and your mind.

Refuse to allow it to happen.

Like all bad children, refuse to reward bad behavior, and it will stop.

It takes effort on your part to not over-react, but it’s definitely worth getting your time, and life back in your control.