Voc Rehab what to expect

Anyone here successfully completed voc rehab and found employment ? I got questions

I am in the process myself. So far they have been real helpful!
I am still going through all the paperwork and stuff now at this point.

1 Like

Cool I got an appointment Friday my biggest worry is losing my healthcare because even with a job I wouldn’t be able to afford meds plus my scleral contacts but there’s gotta be a way because how would voc rehab even thrive if they didn’t have options in place or solutions to ppl getting jobs and losing benefits

1 Like

I have the same worry as you, i was concerned about loosing my healthcare too.
From what i understand, as long as you don’t make over x amount you should be good for almost a year(in ny atleast). I talked to some guy at my disability advocacy place and that is what he basically told me. I will ask more indepth about it later just to make sure though.

1 Like

I really don’t know. I dropped out before finishing. I’ve been told many things over the years and have no idea what was true. You don’t know until you do it.

1 Like

I used them. Found all my jobs on my own though.

@Etch-A-Sketch how did it go for you?

I cancelled my appointment I just felt that I couldn’t risk losing all my benefits on an attempt at employment

1 Like

Make sure your ready to give up your benefits before you do something like that

2 Likes

What about finding a part time job on your own and keeping your benefits? I advise you go to SSA website and learn all the rules for working while disabled.

2 Likes

I’ll check it out

1 Like

I chickened out a few times before taking a job.

You have to be ready. You don’t immediately lose your benefits. I get to keep Medicare for 8.5 years but I have to pay the premiums.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.