Vitamin d3

@Ruzanna That’s an old idea that B3 would help a schizophrenic. Not too many people believe that any more.

I want to help my son to improve his concentration and cognitive skills. If it is old idea what now they say, what they are offer?

@Ruzanna I’d like to direct you over to our Family forum, found at:

While this forum is for people with schizophrenia and other closely related psychotic disorders, the Family forum is specifically for people like yourself, who have a loved one they are concerned about.

Also, please let your loved one know about this forum as they may find it helpful.

Best of luck,

Moonbeam
Volunteer moderator

Test for b12 . Folate and vitamIn D. If low try methyl-b12, methyl-folate and vitamin d3 . They say d3 should be in conjunction with k2 .

yes it helps absorb calcium. I take it and then eat a ton of calcium and it makes my teeth blinding white eventually

Like spinach?!i love a good spinach salad.

no more like dairy

pizza made with real cheese is a good source of calcium. if the crust was whole grain it would be full health nut. yes pizza healthy

Im thinkin of trying b12 + folate its supposed to treat alogia in a subpopulation of szs. I might have to get tested for a deficiency.

I take 2000-3000 IUs of D3 as gummy chews. I used to get many more colds before i started taking it. I tend to feel a little nauseated if I take more than 3000 IUs.

I get bad panic attacks if I take too much B vitamins, however if I take a low dose (like 10%) like they have in some vitamin waters it seems to help me a bit.

I think its really good to experiment and tweak dosages a bit to see what your body tolerates. Also just like taking a “medication holiday” its probably good to do the same with some vitamins since they can build up in your system too much.

Gee I haven’t taken a medication holiday in decades, and for good reason . . .

Jayster

1 Like

I suggest try vitamin b12 and vitamin d3